Should I purchase a 2005 WRX STi with 17k miles?

View Poll Results: Should I buy this car if everything is good?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy it

1 10.00%
  • Don't buy it

9 90.00%

This is a discussion on Should I purchase a 2005 WRX STi with 17k miles? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I found a 2005 WRX STi on craigslist, with only 17,000 (yes, seventeen thousand miles). This is a pretty rare ...

Should I purchase a 2005 WRX STi with 17k miles?

I found a 2005 WRX STi on craigslist, with only 17,000 (yes, seventeen thousand miles). This is a pretty rare find to find a car in such a condition. According to the owner, the car is in excellent condition. Here is a link to the ad:

Obsidian Black Pearl 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi | 17k miles

It only has the following mods, and is stock otherwise.

Exhaust
    Intake

He is pricing the car at $30,000, I was trying to bring him down in price but he made me another offer. For $30,000 he says he will include a Cobb Accessport, as well as a downpipe. What do you guys think about this car? He states that the car is mostly garaged because he has a few other toys to also play with (including an EVO 9 which he also has posted on craigslist, 76k miles)

Seeing as how he is offering to include the accessport and downpipe, I'm guessing he's modded the car previously, but has taken those 2 off since. He states he didn't use the accessport, and removed the downpipe at a point because it was too loud for his liking.

So, ClubWRX, I will trust you guys to give me good advice here. I've always wanted a WRX STi (2005 or 2007 specifically) and I have found this one. But $30,000 is a steep price, what do you guys think? I am ready to buy the car, and before I purchase it, I will use the guidelines for buying an STi posted here on the forums (seems like a really nice guideline to make sure everything is good) and I will also bring a mechanic possibly, or maybe take it to a local shop to get it checked out before I purchase it.

What do you guys think about price? Condition? overpriced or does this car retain value?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck securing a loan for $30K on a 8-9 year old vehicle...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thats crazy, for a few thousand more you could buy a new STI, no?

Yea, talked it over a bit with EJ257 (thanks for the advice bro) and 30k is way to steep of a price.

It's a great car, and in great condition, but it was $32,000 new, 17k miles will definitely bring the price down more then $2k. I'll probably just look for another one, if not, Ill be looking at the 2014 M4's

Its a nice car.. For half of what he's asking. Glad someone was able to talk some sense into you :beer:

Yeah, it'll drop 2k as soon as you drive it off the lot, even if you list it as only having 2 miles on the odo. Just be patient and check your local ads frequently. Thats what I'm doing. Thats what I did to buy my last car, and I got exactly what I wanted for exactly the price I wanted. Always pays to wait.

If you were seriously looking to get this I would ask what tuning he used. If he had the DP on, but didn't use the AP, he needs something else. Was the tune reset after he took off the DP?

Then offer him 24-25k, including the dp and ap
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"