sell my wrx for a legacy spec B
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on sell my wrx for a legacy spec B within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I recently purchased a 2009 wrx hatch from a dealer in my area. I bought it without having a chance ...

Exclamation sell my wrx for a legacy spec B

I recently purchased a 2009 wrx hatch from a dealer in my area. I bought it without having a chance to see up close as it was a 8 hour drive away. After getting the car I am thinking i paid a little too much. It has just under 80000kms on it for 19500. To its credit it did come with some nice aftermarket rims enkie deep gold color 5 spokes. also has aftermarket sway bars up front and back. The exaust is upgraded, Not all the way, just from the headers back. so no added performance but its extra loud for nothing.

Now I have a chance to get a legacy gt spec b 2007, only 106000 kms, so still very fresh. But this car has the upgraded suspension from blistein and bigger 18 inch rims. Both these cars are manual except the legacy has the six speed. and the legacy is 17000, which is 3 thousand less than I paid for my wrx. I really am thinking I should sell my wrx and get the legacy as it has alot of things I want. Like power moonroof, Power seats. SI drive. the six speed transmission which I hear is alot more robust than the 5 speed.

Both these cars are turbo charged. yes the legacy gives up a few hp but makes up for it with its 6 speed and better suspension. Plus the legacy has the Nav screen and better brakes. And it also has the better AWD system.

Can someone help me decide this. I do lijke my WRX, But after seeing a cheaper Legacy with more features it is very hard to decide on what to do. I am very new to suburus and dont know all the little details between the two models. But from I can see this spec B legacy seems better than My WRX. Is this true or Do I really not know what I have.
    I dont plan on using this car for any kind of track driving. I just want a fast daily commuter that i can throw into a corner here and there and be able to have some fun. The added comforts of the legacy are really looking nice.
    But If I am going to do this, Sell my wrx and buy the legac I need to act fast. I dont think the legacy will last very long. Thank you for any and all help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you've already got a pretty good idea of what you want haha.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The spec B is a solid car. It's much heavier, however. The Bilsteins are great, but the car won't corner like a WRX. Leggy spec Bs are a blend of comfort and performance. Keep that in mind.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

With being what Zax said...I'd do it if it makes sense financially, and you can guarantee that the Spec B has been well taken care of.

I love those things and would love to have one myself.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

my thoughts exactly. I am sure it was well looked after. I am trying to decide which has a better base to start from. I plan on keeping either car for some time as this is my first subi. I really like the better suspension, Better tranny and drive-train. cant forget the sunroof!!
    But performance wise I will giving alot of acceleration up off the bat. From the add it looks like the legacy is stock. So I can have a nice blank canvas to start modding.
    I really need to get there and take this thing for a drive.
    Can anyone give me more specs between the two cars. They have the same motor dont they. Just the legacy has the smaller turbo from previous gen wrx.

I wouldn't say you're giving up that much acceleration...it has just as much potential as any WRX out there. a VF52 would be a very nice swap onto these. Stage 2 that with a tune, and you're pushing STI power.

I can't stress enough though, just because you are "sure it was well looked after," I'd still try and find proof. Previous maintenance history, bring it to an independent Subaru mechanic to look it over, get a compression test done, etc. Make sure of it before you get into it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwickbill View Post
    I really like the better suspension, Better tranny and drive-train.
    The suspension is indeed better compared to the WRX. However, keep in mind that if the car has more than 50,000 miles, the struts are largely done in. Installing Koni yellows on your WRX will give you better handling and cornering than the Spec B. Furthermore, though the transmission is a 6spd, it's NOT the same transmission that's installed in the USDM WRX STi. You will not get the fancy drivetrain and DCCD with the Spec B. SI drive is not the same thing. I seem to remember that the R180 is standard equipment on the 2007+ USDM spec B, but I could be wrong. The modern 5MT is plenty strong and not much of a concern below 400whp. As far as amenities, I don't think anyone will argue that the Leggy isn't a much nicer car...

They have the same motor dont they. Just the legacy has the smaller turbo from previous gen wrx.
    The Spec B has the same motor and turbo as the standard Leggy GT. The combination is an IHI VF46 mated with the EJ255. This is not the same turbo on the GD WRX.

Facebook me here

Thank you for the fast replies. i really shouldn't be looking for cars since i just purchased one. I am just having that stupid buyers remorse. Could i get better etc...
    I really like my wrx right now, But the leggy seems a little more refined. Also considering this
    2009 wrx 80000kms $19500
    2007 spec b legacy 108000kms $16500
    The legacy looks bone stock which is a good thing.
    My wrx does have some nice enkei five spoke rims, Eiback sway bars front and back, aftermarket exaust
    (needs a downpipe plus a tune)
    I understand that My wrx will be more agile at its limits, But I really dont drive hard very often. I will probably not get what I paid for my wrx but I am sure I can get 18500. So I will save a few grand that I can use to mod the leggy.
    soo Confused now. Buying a nice subi is alot harder than I thought.
    Anyone else have good points I have overlooked.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...26/029828.html

This review has it going 0-100km in 5.1!!!
    Last edited by bushwickbill; 09-23-2013 at 03:57 PM.

zax
    Could i get better etc...
    There will always be a better car out there.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    I went from a WRX to an LL Bean Outback, which has the same interior as the Spec B, but in tan leather, not red.

My Legacy/Outback has a much nicer interior than any WRX, and the ride is far less jarring. The cabin is quiet, I have power heated seats, a better stereo than the WRX (not steller, but certainly an improvement), and lots of other little touches.

Those interior creature comforts and nice ride come at the cost of weight and handling. While the Legacy handles well for its class (comparing it to Accords, Camrys, and perhaps even the Audi A4), turn-in isn't as sharp and it won't be as flat through the corners as the WRX. Despite that, I'd say my Outback feels like it holds grip longer than my WRX did (probably due to the wider wheels, and traction control systems versus the passive systems in my old bugeye), it just doesn't feel especially sporty doing so.

My car is NA versus the Spec B's turbo, so I can't comment there, other than to say it's probably slower than the turbo car.

Honestly, I'd consider the Spec B sedan a much better car versus the current generation WRX sedan (excluding the STI here, of course). The interior is much nicer, and IMO, the cars felt fairly similar handling-wise. I don't think it's better than the GD-era cars in terms of that subjective "driving feel", but the vastly improved interior refinement was worth it to me. You'll have to decide if it's worth it to you.
    Last edited by Rambo; 09-24-2013 at 07:22 AM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

zax
    Nvm, stupidity...
    Last edited by zax; 09-23-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Facebook me here

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.