2014 WRX Base vs Limited - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Base vs Limited within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Thanks for all the great replies, it was a lot more than I was expecting lol I am leaning heavily ...

Registered User DirtRoadPunisher's Avatar
    Thanks for all the great replies, it was a lot more than I was expecting lol
    I am leaning heavily towards the limited because I really want those factory HIDs since I work nights and commute an hour through usually foggy highway with a lot of deer.

did anyone select the option for the "Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass and HomeLink"? If so, thoughts vs stock rear view mirror?

I also got quoted about $28,800 (+tax/fees) for the WRX Limited Hatchback, anyone know invoice price or if that's a good deal?
    1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ
    Soon: 2014 Subaru WRX Limited Hatch DGM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the homelink mirror. It fell off the windshield after driving about 1,000 miles. Google "subaru homelink mirror fell off". Aside from that, the only thing I don't like about it is the door opener buttons don't get power without the key on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    2013 WRX Premium Hatch DGM

I sent you a message with some info. I know you can get it below invoice through the same place I did. I sent you some information on how to get a quote! Let me know what he says!

It is a hard decision whether to go w/ base and investing another $3.000 for an upgraded premium with HIDs. I was in you're position about a week ago, whether to go with the WRX premium package or spend another $5,000 for an STI.. it was insurance,gas, etc.. It did show I would save alot more money if I went with the WRX than the STI. but the end.. IT was my very first Brand new car but yet to own soo many used car that always end up a uber sour lemon costing me more money to fix and replace parts. SO, I end up going with an STI as my very first subie and my brand new car..

sleepless night since i put a down on my car and it should be here sometime this week!! I'll post a pix soon

i went with a premium because i'm used to certain features. i really wish i'd had the patience to wait for a limited. the crappy leather and HID's would have been nice.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Quote Originally Posted by WRXchet View Post
    i went with a premium because i'm used to certain features. i really wish i'd had the patience to wait for a limited. the crappy leather and HID's would have been nice.
    I did too also wanted the Limited, but didnt want it anymore due to the ugly Leather seat.. i really dislike it but prefer the other style seat they offer.

I went for the Premium--I needed the sunroof because my last car was a convertible, and I had to have the sun fix. With the sunroof open and all windows down it is *ALMOST* like driving a convertible. Annoys fellow drivers with loud music in any event.

I also need heated seats because I live in the Midwest. I actually like the cloth weave on the Premium seats and don't miss the leather, except when I bring my dog in--any cloth seats are velcro for dog hair.

The other perks of the Premium are nice: bluetooth for handsfree calling and music, the baby spoiler, and fog lights. The fog lights are of cosmetic benefit only, but they're a pain to install aftermarket and I think they look cool in someone's rear view mirror as you're closing in on them.

Registered User DirtRoadPunisher's Avatar
    Hey everyone,
    I just wanted to say thanks for all the great feedback. I went to the dealer today and ordered my 2014 WRX Limited Hatch. Now I just have to wait about 8weeks for it to come in.
    I feel like I got a pretty fair price, about $28,000 +fees&insurance. Then I also added about $700 in accessories to be installed at the port (Illumination kit, Short Shifter w/bushing, cargo tray, all-weather mats, and rear cup holders)-dealer price on these were the about the same as I found online. There are still a few things I want to add but the OEM prices online were cheaper than the dealer so I decided to hold off on them.

Thanks again,

- Joe
    1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ
    Soon: 2014 Subaru WRX Limited Hatch DGM

Did you get a discount on the parts too? I never got a reply back from you about the info I sent you. I got around 20-25% off port installed parts as well.

As long as your happy with the deal that's all that matters but I was just hoping to help save you some money.

Premium is a good choice, IMO.
    Leather sucks during hot days and cold days.
    The base and premium seats are really comfortable and it really grips your body compared to leather.

I did the H9 conversion and it was a DRASTIC improvement compared to H11 (Stock)
    H9 outputs more light but has about half the lifetime, but its really cheap.

It did not take my 20 minutes, because it was a pain for me cutting the extra piece in the socket. I used a heated knife to cut the extra piece. With proper tools you can definitely cut the time.

For less than $30, you should give it a try. You may like it and wont have to spend hundreds for HIDs

But in the end, its your choice. It is all about what makes you happy and what you want.

Good luck.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

I went with the premium... my current car has leather, heated sets, sun roof and HID's... I could live with out the leather but not the Heated seats and sun roof. I love Diying and have retrofitted projectors into my sport bike and plan to do the same to the suby... To me it didn't make sense to pay that much more just for leather in the limited.

premium was my choice.. WRX is a rugged car so I felt leather won't suit it. I chose premium just for the heated seats. sunroof and fog lamps were secondary.

But it depends on individual preferences. some people down south can live without heated seats,so they get the base. I live in MI. I need heated seats 5 months a year.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwrxp View Post
    I don't think the limited is worth it, I think the premium is perfect. Leather seats suck when they arent the best quality, and hid headlights are sort of pointless. My last car had both and honestly do not miss either one bit.
    Disagree with this, slightly. I do think the premium is perfect, IF they had the HIDs attached to them. The HIDs are worth the extra $1000 over the premium. The visibility compared to the normal lights is hugely better. I think normal headlights suck. Going from my old car to this one, I will now never own a car without HIDs again. But that's just my personal preference. Plus you don't have to shell out more money to retrofit HIDs and blind everyone on the road. These are properly bright and come form the factory, so you also won't have the risk of leaks with a poor seal if you do install aftermarket HIDs.

I disagree on the leather. I think the quality is not bad at all. Is it up to par with a luxury car or a high end sports car? No, but you're also not shelling out $4000 for a leather option like you would on some more expensive cars. I like the leather, but will note that it's HOT AS HELL. There's no holes in it to breathe. The premium seats are superior in that regard, PLUS you get the heated seats even without leather. That's there the premium shines over the limited.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

My cousin and I picked up the 13 wrx hatch within a 3 month period. He got the limited with sun roof, heat seats, leather seats, etc. It costed him an extra $2k+. I picked up same car, but base model. I didn't care for any of the limited options, instead I was able to use that money and go stage 2 with a lot of goodies

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    My cousin and I picked up the 13 wrx hatch within a 3 month period. He got the limited with sun roof, heat seats, leather seats, etc. It costed him an extra $2k+. I picked up same car, but base model. I didn't care for any of the limited options, instead I was able to use that money and go stage 2 with a lot of goodies
    If he got a limited for only 2 thousand more he must have a got a good deal. I thought it would be more like a 3-4K difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast