Looking to purchase my WRX - Help/Advice would be great.

This is a discussion on Looking to purchase my WRX - Help/Advice would be great. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; First of all just want to say hello! I did not introduce myself in the new member section yet because ...

Thumbs up Looking to purchase my WRX - Help/Advice would be great.

First of all just want to say hello! I did not introduce myself in the new member section yet because I do not own a Subie yet! but I will very soon

Moving along, I found a few WRX's at the local dealers. Haven't gone to check them out yet but I thought I would come on here and show them to you guys first and also ask for some friendly advice.

Here are a few picks that I'm considering.

Cars for Sale: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan in Union, NJ 07083: Sedan Details - 354397576 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan in Newtown Square, PA 19073: Sedan Details - 355194718 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan in West Chester, PA 19382: Sedan Details - 352536959 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan in Easton, PA 18042: Sedan Details - 355493018 - AutoTrader.com

I've read that these cars do well with high miles (being properly maintained of course) but would it be wise to try and buy a one over 120k?
    What do you guys think of these choice's?

Also what are some key points I should look for when buying a wrx?
    Thanks in advance for all replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Keep in mind that these cars are commonly modded heavily. Someone could have molested the crap out of one then put it back to stock and sold it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi, in this subforum up top there are sticky threads. Read those, they have the answers.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes a molested wrx that has been put back to stock and sold has most definitely crossed my mind, but that's just the risk of buying used, ya know?

Also thank's for the head's up SD_GR I did notice all the threads after this making this one, so I have a general idea of what to look for and ask when checking these bad boys out. Although just still wondering what you guys think of these 4 subie's, price and miles on them. I'm not aware if s**t starts to hit the fan after a certain amount of miles.

I Support ClubWRX
    Can't comment; all four links "car no longer listed" at least from my mobile, sorry.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Wrx View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes a molested wrx that has been put back to stock and sold has most definitely crossed my mind, but that's just the risk of buying used, ya know?
    There are some visual clues that can tell you. The biggie is if the stock heatshield over the turbo is missing or cut.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"