Your advice needed... choices choices choices
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Your advice needed... choices choices choices within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I'm trying to decide which new WRX to buy and I had no idea how many options there are. Do ...

Your advice needed... choices choices choices

I'm trying to decide which new WRX to buy and I had no idea how many options there are. Do any of you know of a handy dandy site that lists all the options and maybe even has pictures (other than subaru.com)? Also, which options do you recommend I not include because it's cheaper or better to add it on my own?

Thanks folks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Buy an Evo.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Buy an Evo.
    Umm, an Evo is much more expensive...and wasn't even part of his question.

OP, it's whatever you want. If you feel you need satellite radio, heated seats, Sun roof, etc...then go for it. It's just whatever you are willing to pay for. I have a 2010 wrx premium which I bought used, and I love the heated seats during winter and the red stitching on the seats and steering wheel!

I don't suggest "upgrading" the sound system however. The stock radio is limited, and the EQ is crap. Even if you get the underseat subwoofer, it's not impressing. Save your money in that area, and if you want a good sound system in the future get aftermarket items.

I was lucky and the previous owner of mine had put in a Kenwood touch screen with NAV headunit, power amp, and 10" Polk audio subwoofer. It sounds awesome! My gf has a 2008 with the stock radio and in all honesty it plain sucks. Hope this was a little helpful.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Umm, an Evo is much more expensive...and wasn't even part of his question.
    ...and a better car. You left that part out. He didn't say that he wouldn't consider getting an Evo.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

...and a better car. You left that part out. He didn't say that he wouldn't consider getting an Evo.
    Yes, for a much bigger price tag. He's getting a better package for the price with the WRX. And the saved money can go a long way upgrading it.

Yes, the Evo's are "better" cars in certain aspects...but they are over priced IMHO. And the gas mileage is considerably worse...so much so that the future of the Evo and it's emissions have been put into question. You definitely have to pay to play with the Evo... Not as much with the Subaru however.
    Last edited by tesla317; 09-05-2013 at 12:49 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Yes, for a much bigger price tag. He's getting a better package for the price with the WRX. And the saved money can go a long way upgrading it.

Yes, the Evo's are "better" cars in certain aspects...but they are over priced IMHO. And the gas mileage is considerably worse...so much so that the future of the Evo and it's emissions have been put into question. You definitely have to pay to play with the Evo... Not as much with the Subaru however.
    Uh wut? No it's the opposite. You get significantly more out of the mods you put on an Evo than you would with comparable upgrades to a WRX. But you guys can live in your delusions. You'd spend the same amount of money putting a WRX on par (power wise) with an Evo than just buying an Evo from the start. Even then you'd still be running a horrible EJ series motor with a weaker 5spd trans...but hey...whatever floats your boat.

And Drews boat sunk a while back

Uh wut? No it's the opposite. You get significantly more out of the mods you put on an Evo than you would with comparable upgrades to a WRX. But you guys can live in your delusions. You'd spend the same amount of money putting a WRX on par (power wise) with an Evo than just buying an Evo from the start. Even then you'd still be running a horrible EJ series motor with a weaker 5spd trans...but hey...whatever floats your boat.
    Well I myself, as well as many others I'm sure, can't drop nearly 40k on a car. 24k was my budget when looking for a car last year. So a wrx with about 4k in mods maximum, not trying to match an Evo, suits me just fine. And I'm still under 30k with a car that I enjoy.

There is always something better no matter what you buy.

I Support ClubWRX
    This will give you an idea of the models and specs.

Subaru Impreza WRX | The New 2014 Impreza WRX Sports Cars

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trolling or serious.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	115993

Can't tell if trolling or serious.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Convictus View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trolling or serious.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	115993

Can't tell if trolling or serious.....
    He is serious. Bursting the bubble of anyone who gets too upity about Subaru is sort of a passion of Drews. He is quite knowledgable but like a kid who grew up to find out their super hero is just some guy in a costume, he really struggles to suffer anyone portraying Subaru in terms he sees as inaccurately positive. He is a good guy though. Don't let the directness of his posts fool you.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    The Evo is not a better car. It's just faster.

I'd not pay for upgraded sound and bid think hard about whether to spring for factory nav, because the controls are convenient but that's where the advantages over aftermarket seem to end. I'd pay for leather though. Drop by a dealer and look around. The link above is good.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The Evo is not a better car. It's just faster.

I'd not pay for upgraded sound and bid think hard about whether to spring for factory nav, because the controls are convenient but that's where the advantages over aftermarket seem to end. I'd pay for leather though. Drop by a dealer and look around. The link above is good.
    +1

Good points from a wise man
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    He is serious. Bursting the bubble of anyone who gets too upity about Subaru is sort of a passion of Drews. He is quite knowledgable but like a kid who grew up to find out their super hero is just some guy in a costume, he really struggles to suffer anyone portraying Subaru in terms he sees as inaccurately positive. He is a good guy though. Don't let the directness of his posts fool you.
    Truthfully, when he was 22, a Subaru broke his heart. Jimmy just hasn't been the same since.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

He should have bought a Honda. They are always there when you need a hug.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast