Your advice needed... choices choices choices - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Your advice needed... choices choices choices within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I really like the SPT catback. No warranty issues to worry about either like you could encounter with an aftermarket ...

I really like the SPT catback. No warranty issues to worry about either like you could encounter with an aftermarket manufacturer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXchet View Post
    +1

OP - did you even research the differences between the Base, Premium and Limited Models? i doubt it because you wouldn't have posted this thread.

it sounds like you may want to special order if the "cookie pre-cut models" don't have everything you want. I wanted a Limited due to the leather and HIDs, but i ended up with a Premium / All weather package (probably included anyway).... heated seats and heated winshield for New England Winters...

anywho, the sounds? yeah, the Subie sound systems suck... i added a DSP and AMP to bring mine to life with an 12" sub, cross-over/EQ (via DSP and built-in x-over on amp) while keeping my OEM look and steering wheel controls...

do you like Fog Lights? Sun Roof? go for a Premium... otherwise, just start with a base and see what you would like from the other two (Premium and Limited) and compare... too easy. same car... Hatch or Sedan?
    I'm in contact with 6 dealerships in my area... out of the 2 dozen or so 2013/14s they all have in stock, I don't think any of them are exactly the same. I get the Base vs. Premium vs. Limited but, the options go beyond that. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a Premium 5-door with SPT and do any other options like HIDs, cargo rails, and Car Audio, etc. myself with after-market parts.

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    I really like the SPT catback. No warranty issues to worry about either like you could encounter with an aftermarket manufacturer.
    I have a cobb DP and Greddy SP Elite... my dealer is mod friendly as long and i'm up on my maint. & recalls... worst case, i have to refrash the ECU back to stock for things like TPMS and ECU upgrades... YMMV

i like the sound on the SPT as well. but my Greddy has a little bit more growl to it.

Quote Originally Posted by nitelyfe View Post
    I'm in contact with 6 dealerships in my area... out of the 2 dozen or so 2013/14s they all have in stock, I don't think any of them are exactly the same. I get the Base vs. Premium vs. Limited but, the options go beyond that. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a Premium 5-door with SPT and do any other options like HIDs, cargo rails, and Car Audio, etc. myself with after-market parts.
    okay, gothca... i'd say just get the car first, then see about the "accessories" / "add ons".... most of which you can add yourself anyway - they are usually plug and play.

the only thing is wish i'd gotten with my car was the XM/Sirrus... but i do iPhone Apps via blue tooth... = profit. *i was just used to XM/Sirrus from my previous car, so i miss some of them stations.

just some advice from my experience...

Weather Tech Floor Liners, get them if you lead an active lifestyle....

Subie Truck Cargo Liner and Cargo Net...

XM/Sirrus **maybe**

PnP HID kits are mainly garbage unless you do a proper retrofit. i went with H9 bulbs for a cleaner look, but they both burnt out after a year, so i'm rocking my OEM H9's (low beams)...

Rally Armor Mud Flaps, Tint Windows and a nice cat-back will set you up pretty straight... if you want moar powah! go stage 2 after your break-in period...

Cold Air Intake w/ box, while you technically don't need it for Stage 2, it makes cool noises... ROFL.

that's about it.. search under my profile for my build thread.... i sunk a couple few thousand into my car before i even blinked... it adds up quickly.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

I Support ClubWRX
    OP: Join date July 2002 with 8 posts?

Which one? I'd look 'em over in person and then decide.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    Very good point. This will be my daily driver so, warranty will be important.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXchet View Post
    I have a cobb DP and Greddy SP Elite... my dealer is mod friendly as long and i'm up on my maint. & recalls... worst case, i have to refrash the ECU back to stock for things like TPMS and ECU upgrades... YMMV

i like the sound on the SPT as well. but my Greddy has a little bit more growl to it.

okay, gothca... i'd say just get the car first, then see about the "accessories" / "add ons".... most of which you can add yourself anyway - they are usually plug and play.

the only thing is wish i'd gotten with my car was the XM/Sirrus... but i do iPhone Apps via blue tooth... = profit. *i was just used to XM/Sirrus from my previous car, so i miss some of them stations.

just some advice from my experience...

Weather Tech Floor Liners, get them if you lead an active lifestyle....

Subie Truck Cargo Liner and Cargo Net...

XM/Sirrus **maybe**

PnP HID kits are mainly garbage unless you do a proper retrofit. i went with H9 bulbs for a cleaner look, but they both burnt out after a year, so i'm rocking my OEM H9's (low beams)...

Rally Armor Mud Flaps, Tint Windows and a nice cat-back will set you up pretty straight... if you want moar powah! go stage 2 after your break-in period...

Cold Air Intake w/ box, while you technically don't need it for Stage 2, it makes cool noises... ROFL.

that's about it.. search under my profile for my build thread.... i sunk a couple few thousand into my car before i even blinked... it adds up quickly.
    Good info other than XM/Sirrius . Car Audio will be my GS3 as a hotspot for an "Android Stick" (or RPi) that will launch Spotify (or anything else from the Play Store) connected to a touch screen mounted where the radio goes. I just need to figure out how to get the audio from the "Android Stick" to an amp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    OP: Join date July 2002 with 8 posts?

Which one? I'd look 'em over in person and then decide.
    HAHAHA! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice my join date. I joined when I was considering a WRX or Audi A4 and just lurked around a bit. I ended up buying an A4 so, never came back until now... when I finally realized I should have gone with the WRX from the beginning.

I will be going to at least 2 of the 6 dealerships this weekend to take a look and test drive my options. I just wanted to be prepared before I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by nitelyfe View Post
    Very good point. This will be my daily driver so, warranty will be important.
    A CBE won't do squat to a warranty, unless you have a Nazi dealer. CBEs don't add any power.

Been too much to read...but be careful. If you are getting a hatch, the SPT exhaust is known to drone like a sommabitch. And to me...the insane price for a meh exhaust just isn't worth it. There are a lot better, and nicer aftermarket options.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I now own a 2013 World Rally Blue WRX Limited with the SPT package!!! WOOT!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRX.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	117409

Grats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123