Your advice needed... choices choices choices - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Your advice needed... choices choices choices within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I originally wanted a Premium version but the car I wanted fell through and I ended up with a Limited ...

I originally wanted a Premium version but the car I wanted fell through and I ended up with a Limited instead. I have to say that I'm glad I did, the leather seats are extremely comfortable (get compliments on them a lot) and I also like the HID's. There were options that came with it that I don't really use/care for (i.e. extending elbow rest for center console).

The only aspect I might have changed in hindsight would have been to include the SPT exhaust. I just wasn't sure how loud it would be and didn't want to risk having a headache from drone or added negative attention.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Uh wut? No it's the opposite. You get significantly more out of the mods you put on an Evo than you would with comparable upgrades to a WRX. But you guys can live in your delusions. You'd spend the same amount of money putting a WRX on par (power wise) with an Evo than just buying an Evo from the start. Even then you'd still be running a horrible EJ series motor with a weaker 5spd trans...but hey...whatever floats your boat.
    You sound like you have too much negativity. Be Positive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    He is serious. Bursting the bubble of anyone who gets too upity about Subaru is sort of a passion of Drews. He is quite knowledgable but like a kid who grew up to find out their super hero is just some guy in a costume, he really struggles to suffer anyone portraying Subaru in terms he sees as inaccurately positive. He is a good guy though. Don't let the directness of his posts fool you.
    True story...I spent a day with him and his wife at Disney. He's a great dude. Has bad gas though...so he smells from time to time...but definitely a good dude.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Having gas is very manly. He should hold his head high!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Has bad gas though...so he smells from time to time...but definitely a good dude.
    Smells like vasoline? I suspect that's your fault.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Smells like vasoline? I suspect that's your fault.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Buy an Evo.
    nah, I'm good

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Umm, an Evo is much more expensive...and wasn't even part of his question.

OP, it's whatever you want. If you feel you need satellite radio, heated seats, Sun roof, etc...then go for it. It's just whatever you are willing to pay for. I have a 2010 wrx premium which I bought used, and I love the heated seats during winter and the red stitching on the seats and steering wheel!

I don't suggest "upgrading" the sound system however. The stock radio is limited, and the EQ is crap. Even if you get the underseat subwoofer, it's not impressing. Save your money in that area, and if you want a good sound system in the future get aftermarket items.

I was lucky and the previous owner of mine had put in a Kenwood touch screen with NAV headunit, power amp, and 10" Polk audio subwoofer. It sounds awesome! My gf has a 2008 with the stock radio and in all honesty it plain sucks. Hope this was a little helpful.
    It was helpful. I've got BIG plans for car audio so, am gonna go for whatever is cheapest when purchasing the car since it's just getting ripped out.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    This will give you an idea of the models and specs.

Subaru Impreza WRX | The New 2014 Impreza WRX Sports Cars
    Good page, thanks man. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    He should have bought a Honda. They are always there when you need a hug.
    Funny thing is, the car I'm trading in for the WRX is a Honda!

I traded a 08 SI sedan .

Quote Originally Posted by 13wrxMA View Post
    I originally wanted a Premium version but the car I wanted fell through and I ended up with a Limited instead. I have to say that I'm glad I did, the leather seats are extremely comfortable (get compliments on them a lot) and I also like the HID's. There were options that came with it that I don't really use/care for (i.e. extending elbow rest for center console).

The only aspect I might have changed in hindsight would have been to include the SPT exhaust. I just wasn't sure how loud it would be and didn't want to risk having a headache from drone or added negative attention.
    This is some of the specifics I'm trying to figure out... should I do limited or premium, one of the dealers has a 2013 limited with the SPT for 30k. I checked youtube and found a video that compares the SPT sound to stock and the SPT sounds ****ing awesome.

Do others think it's too loud?

WOW, that might be exactly what I was looking for... handy dandy as ****!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    This will give you an idea of the models and specs.

Subaru Impreza WRX | The New 2014 Impreza WRX Sports Cars
    +1

OP - did you even research the differences between the Base, Premium and Limited Models? i doubt it because you wouldn't have posted this thread.

it sounds like you may want to special order if the "cookie pre-cut models" don't have everything you want. I wanted a Limited due to the leather and HIDs, but i ended up with a Premium / All weather package (probably included anyway).... heated seats and heated winshield for New England Winters...

anywho, the sounds? yeah, the Subie sound systems suck... i added a DSP and AMP to bring mine to life with an 12" sub, cross-over/EQ (via DSP and built-in x-over on amp) while keeping my OEM look and steering wheel controls...

do you like Fog Lights? Sun Roof? go for a Premium... otherwise, just start with a base and see what you would like from the other two (Premium and Limited) and compare... too easy. same car... Hatch or Sedan?
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast