2014 WRX/STI Did anyone get a VON and VIN number yet? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX/STI Did anyone get a VON and VIN number yet? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by BrittMorgan Sometimes I think I'd rather not get the updates! It makes this wait harder. lol Very ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMorgan View Post
    Sometimes I think I'd rather not get the updates! It makes this wait harder. lol
    Very true lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ordered a DGM limited hatch on 11/18 from Clayton at Ramsey Subaru. I've been lurking through member galleries for the past 6 months. I'm not in a rush to get the car since I will be shipping it from NJ to Seattle which will extend the length of time but I'll contribute to the timeline here for reference.

Registered User DirtRoadPunisher's Avatar
    Finally heard back from the dealership....
    Placed the order 2months ago and my car was supposed to be in today. However, someone dropped the ball and it showed up in a 4dr not the hatch.
    So basically I was given 2 options:
    1)Order another one (6-8week wait). or
    2)they will grab a limited hatch from another dealer and install my options at the dealership (10miles on it + 30miles for delivery= total 40miles on the new car).

I've been waiting patiently for 2months and this sucks. I really don't want to wait any longer but at the same time its my first brand new car purchase and for over $30,000 I wanted it exactly my way with the factory installations and virtually 0 mileage, not something that has been test driven and then drove 30miles to another dealership. So for now I chose option #1 and told them to order another.
    Any advice?
    1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ
    Soon: 2014 Subaru WRX Limited Hatch DGM

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRoadPunisher View Post
    Finally heard back from the dealership....
    Placed the order 2months ago and my car was supposed to be in today. However, someone dropped the ball and it showed up in a 4dr not the hatch.
    So basically I was given 2 options:
    1)Order another one (6-8week wait). or
    2)they will grab a limited hatch from another dealer and install my options at the dealership (10miles on it + 30miles for delivery= total 40miles on the new car).

I've been waiting patiently for 2months and this sucks. I really don't want to wait any longer but at the same time its my first brand new car purchase and for over $30,000 I wanted it exactly my way with the factory installations and virtually 0 mileage, not something that has been test driven and then drove 30miles to another dealership. So for now I chose option #1 and told them to order another.
    Any advice?
    Any discount for their mistake ?? If yes then option 1 I personally couldn't do another 2 month wait lol I just got the call yesterday also that my sti is ready for today :: they should offer you an sti for same price as first bought they pick up the tab

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Nope no discount. I reordered... so I guess the wait continues. :-/
    Also called SOA and waiting for a callback to see if they can expedite it.
    1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ

Just picked up my sti ::

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Lol I would love if they offered me an STI.
    That would definitely make up for the screwup.
    1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRoadPunisher View Post
    Lol I would love if they offered me an STI.
    That would definitely make up for the screwup.
    They should offer you something for a big screw up its not like they got floor mats wrong at least let them buy you lunch or something lol offer you one of their daughters ...something ...anything lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Ok guys, I got an update!! Pretty stoked about this one!!! So they said the car will be built December 18th and it scheduled to arrive December 30th!! The guy told me that his last Subaru that came in actually arrived earlier so it is a possibility that mine could too. Just in time for Christmas! Either way this is most definitely the best Christmas gift I could ask for! So he told me that tomorrow he will be ordering all of my add ons so they will arrive before the car. He is supposed to give me a call to verify that he has everything ordered that I requested. He also told me he would be sending my VIN number
    Last edited by BrittMorgan; 12-05-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciivilian View Post
    Ordered a DGM limited hatch on 11/18 from Clayton at Ramsey Subaru. I've been lurking through member galleries for the past 6 months. I'm not in a rush to get the car since I will be shipping it from NJ to Seattle which will extend the length of time but I'll contribute to the timeline here for reference.
    Well I got the call on Monday that it showed up and I am mailing my paperwork back to Clayton tomorrow. Wooo!

Shipping company picked it up this afternoon and it will be here in 7-10 days! Best day after christmas ever!

Shipping a car from out of state is pretty frustrating. On day 12 and not a single word from the transport company. The broker I used recommended by Clayton from Ramsey Subaru has been very communicative but the company who picked up my car is not. Stay far away from Quality Relocation Services if you plan on shipping your car from anywhere out of state.

I probably saved about $250 by not going with a more reputable company and now I wish I had.

EDIT: FINALLY!

The driver who dropped my car off was actually super friendly. Dispatch guys not so much. Car arrived with a pretty dead battery. Jumped it and was able to drive for about 15 minutes before losing all power and had to have it towed to a dealership to have it looked at in the morning. Best 15 minute drive of my life so far! Can't wait to have it cleaned up and running.
    Last edited by Ciivilian; 01-07-2014 at 02:13 AM.
    2014 DGM WRX Limited 5dr

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234