Help for possible buy tomorrow-2004 sti
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help for possible buy tomorrow-2004 sti within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Maybe its just me, but it seems to good to be true.... I'm not a mechanic or familiar with 04 ...

Question Help for possible buy tomorrow-2004 sti

Maybe its just me, but it seems to good to be true.... I'm not a mechanic or familiar with 04 stis at all. This is a car I plan to garage, learn to work on, upgrade, and drive every once in awhile. Thanks for any help!
    2004 Used Subaru Impreza Sedan {Natl} 2.5 WRX STi w/Gold Wheels at Valley Mitsubishi Serving Medina,Akron, OH, IID 10740503

Price:
    $21,500
    2004 Subaru WRX STI...ONLY 49k Original Miles!!!

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!
    CARFAX 1-Owner Impreza Sedan {Natl} and CARFAX Buyback Guarantee qualified!

WARRANTY INCLUDED!
    A Limited Warranty is included with this vehicle. Contact us today for more information.

This Impreza Sedan {Natl} also includes Clock, Tachometer, Cruise Control, Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Intermittent Wipers, Power Locks, Power Windows, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Fog Lights, Traction Control, Power Mirrors, Rear Defogger, Lthr. Steering Wheel, Lthr. Shifter, AM/FM, CD Player.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It looks okay but, it's been modified.

It has a front mount intercooler and what looks like a turbo timer (the little grey box below the radio).

FMIC aren't really useful unless they upgraded the turbo and then that would require a full tune. Hell even if they just slapped a FMIC on it would need a tune to be effective.

The turbo timer is completely useless and usually indicates the previous owner had no idea what they were doing.

Personally I would walk but, given what you want the car for it might be worth it. You will definitely want to get as many service records as possible and have it looked at by an independent Subaru mechanic. They can do a compression/leakdown test that will give you a better idea of the engine health.

Good luck!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Thanks for the help! Anybody else have any further thoughts or input on this? Headed out to test drive it in the morning. Taking it to the Subaru dealership down the road for a full inspection with compression/leakdown test before I buy.

Also just went to show my friend the car on the site and noticed the link I posted and car all together has been took down. This is after I emailed the internet sales rep asking him to have all service records available and noticed it had mods done to it that had not been posted on there site(thanks michaelwfox). I just called to see if it has been sold and was told it was in the shop and they were not sure if it was available for test drive in the morning due to service closing already...... Red Flag?

If all I had to go on was the ad...I'd probably pass.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimChaos View Post
    Also just went to show my friend the car on the site and noticed the link I posted and car all together has been took down. This is after I emailed the internet sales rep asking him to have all service records available and noticed it had mods done to it that had not been posted on there site(thanks michaelwfox). I just called to see if it has been sold and was told it was in the shop and they were not sure if it was available for test drive in the morning due to service closing already...... Red Flag?
    To me that says a lot. I would walk away and start looking for another car.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

This.

You would have been paying $21K+ for an 8, almost 9 year old car at that point anyway. You can get a brand new WRX with ZERO miles and a warranty for only $3-4k more!!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    This.

You would have been paying $21K+ for an 8, almost 9 year old car at that point anyway. You can get a brand new WRX with ZERO miles and a warranty for only $3-4k more!!!!
    True, but its not a sti. Either way thank you all for the help and advice.

Just letting you guys know you were right! I called today to let them know I wouldn't be in due to too many red flags. Before I could even tell them the guy that answered my call said someone took it out for a test drive and the engine seized lol. Probably will just end up getting a new wrx and using it as my first tune project instead. Probably the safest way to go. Thanks again for all the help everyone. VERY glad I came to clubwrx first befor purchase

Just letting you guys know you were right! I called today to let them know I wouldn't be in due to too many red flags. Before I could even tell them the guy that answered my call said someone took it out for a test drive and the engine seized lol. Probably will just end up getting a new wrx and using it as my first tune project instead. Probably the safest way to go. Thanks again for all the help everyone. VERY glad I came to clubwrx first befor purchase
    Yeah dude, I just went from an 05 STI to a 2012 WRX...my STI was pushing an estimated 300+whp at tuned Stage 2, with good coilovers and such. Thing was a beast. I was afraid a 2012 WRX wouldn't be the same. Needless to say, I couldn't be happier. You can make that WRX perform as well as a GD STI in terms of power. Maybe not as well as handling, but you can definitely improve it, and have fun. It might be a little cushier, but it's not a big deal. It's a great platform. Goodluck in your search!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Whew!

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    $22k for a 10 year old car that was $30k new... dafuq? Did I miss something here?

Buy a new WRX for $4k more and enjoy the warranty.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

That is great to hear about your 2012 wrx mikie13! How much did you end up putting into it to get where you are at now?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    That is great to hear about your 2012 wrx mikie13! How much did you end up putting into it to get where you are at now?
    $0. Because that's how Mikie roll.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Well, I haven't done much to the WRX yet...but the plans are being laid out. I have already started the shifter overhaul. My STI shifter setup was amazing. I can get this one close. I am currently at Stage 1, in the process of smoothing it out with my tuner (local Clubdub resident and friend). But I will certainly be going Stage 2 protuned through him with a Process West TMIC, fuel upgrades if necessary, full suspension overhaul, etc...I'm excited for it hahaha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast