Questions regarding a 2013 WRX purchase.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Questions regarding a 2013 WRX purchase. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys and girls, Looking at buying a 13' WRX. I'm in Orange County, CA. I need a few pointers ...

Questions regarding a 2013 WRX purchase.

Hey guys and girls,

Looking at buying a 13' WRX. I'm in Orange County, CA. I need a few pointers on how to negotiate on a 13 WRX.

My background:

I'm 25 years old. I've had 2 autoloans and 1 motorcycle loan. All paid off on time, never late. However, I got some credit debt. I've never missed a payment and i've never declared bankruptcy. My credit I pulled averaged 650 from freecreditscore.com.

I'm looking at financing the base model WRX. MSRP is 27,xxx,xxx Invoice is 26, xxx,xxx
    I'm putting $0 down.

Here is where it gets tricky...

The dealership is pulling the lowest score of 629 (I saw it on paper). The dealership is telling me that Ally will use this number only. (Lowest number)

So I don't qualify for anything special. My negotiation with the salesman thus far is this:

3.9% @ 63 months, $0 down, $489 monthly payments. So if you do the math, this adds up to somewhere around 30 grand. Now, I've very limited experience with buying cars (only 2 in the past).

Can anyone pitch in here and offer some suggestions. Maybe if anyone has had a recent experience to my situation above. Anyone have any helpful tips?

I don't have $$ to put down as a deposit and don't have a trade-in. Square 1. Young once!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have you tried your bank or a credit union?

I'll spare the "Warranty" and "Insurance" questions for using the search at the top right!

TIA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quioxte View Post
    Have you tried your bank or a credit union?
    I bank with a non-credit union. I haven't tried asking my personal bank if they would finance me on an auto loan. I do not show a lot of $ in the bank. Just a credit card from my bank with a very high balance...

Would you still advise this plan given my situation?

Yes. Most credit agencies only ding you once for multiple credit checks within a short period of time. Might as well shop around and see what the best rate you can get is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Shopping around can't hurt. Even though in your situation the dealers offer is pretty good.

Putting $0 down is what's hurting you the most in my opinion.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

26 million dollars seems a bit high for invoice....

Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    It is. You should be getting around in the 24k area for a base WRX. But like others have said, with no down payment your losing ALOT of buying power.

That being said, if you do have buying power, everything is negotiable. Separately! Trade in (which you don't have), Car price, options prices, warranty price, and interest rate! Negotiate each one separately. Only allow one to move to make up for another after you've worked on them all. Again though, no down payment will hurt this.
    2013 DGM Hatch WRX - STI STS currently only mod

Save for a deposit .....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    Lol just noticed that from the OP
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Is it imperative that you buy the car as soon as possible?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

3.9% is a very good rate for your situation, but like others have said putting a down payment will help you a lot. Also invoice on a base WRX is not 26 and if its a 13, they can do way better on the price considering the 14s are out now.

26 million does seem a little on the high side. thanks for the advice!

I'm not in a rush to buy something right away. Just test drove one and had the impulse feeling. Being young and dumb I guess. Thanks for the help thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
    3.9% is a very good rate for your situation, but like others have said putting a down payment will help you a lot. Also invoice on a base WRX is not 26 and if its a 13, they can do way better on the price considering the 14s are out now.
    ^that's what I was going to say. 3.9% with an ok credit rating is alright. I have a 590 credit rating...they wanted to offer me my WRX at 18%!!! I just laughed and said no, obviously.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Why are you not putting money down? Your credit score is alright, it sounds like you've got quite a bit of debt out there though.

My advice - save money so you can put 10% or more down, which is going to drop your monthly payments and lower the amount you're borrowing, which can help with terms/approval. If you can't afford to put money down, you definitely can't afford the car right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.