Want to buy a 2004 STI with 130k on body but 3k on built motor. Help.!.

This is a discussion on Want to buy a 2004 STI with 130k on body but 3k on built motor. Help.!. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I am Actually A BMW E46 M3 owner.. Trying to sell It and buy this STI I'm looking at. This ...

Want to buy a 2004 STI with 130k on body but 3k on built motor. Help.!.

I am Actually A BMW E46 M3 owner.. Trying to sell It and buy this STI I'm looking at. This Sti has 130k on shell and 3k on new built motor. I will have the mods and what he has down to it on the bottom. Help me let me now if this is a good or bad Idea to get. Thanks.
    Walbro 255 fuel pump
    Act 6 puck kevlar clutch (3k miles)
    Act Lightweight flywheel (3k miles)
    PE 850cc injectors
    Hta68 Turbo (18K Miles) No shaft play
    Perrin Inlet
    Weapon R Intake W/Oversized filter
    Grimspeed up pipe
    Grimspeed Catless downpipe
    Hks Hi power catback (Nice sound)
    Grimspeed manual boost controller
    Turbo Xs Bov
    Aem wideband
    Boost gauge
    Alpine head Unit- all 2004 year sti's did not come from the factory with a head unit.
    Upgraded Speakers
    Wrc Fiber glass Hood

It has a rebuilt title but has not been in a accident it was stolen in the year 2006 and claimed a total loss due to never being found untill after the insurance made that claim i have both carfax's and auto checks to prove so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'd say you're better off keeping the M3.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    I'd say you're better off keeping the M3.
    Why is that.?.

Cause with all those mods I'd say its been beaten to hell and back. It probaly had a lot of owners with no maintenance records and probaly hasn't been taken that great care of... Probaly an all around bad idea!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Cause with all those mods I'd say its been beaten to hell and back. It probaly had a lot of owners with no maintenance records and probaly hasn't been taken that great care of... Probaly an all around bad idea!
    Damn.. Was excited about it. So what should I do I really want one. Nothing over 15k

I'd look for a stock one... When you buy one have a mechanic look at it with a compression and leakdown tests done on it... There good ones out there just keep looking... The sti you described had some generic parts on it with no mention of tuning or any engine upgrades to sauport the power of that turbo...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    I would stay away from that car. Unless they can show you all the maintenance records and you can get a knowledgeable (independent) subaru mechanic to look it over top to bottom and tell you it's ok, I would just walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I would stay away from that car. Unless they can show you all the maintenance records and you can get a knowledgeable (independent) subaru mechanic to look it over top to bottom and tell you it's ok, I would just walk away.
    So If I get all the records done and every thing and have a good STi machnics look at it and its good will it be worth it or still sketchy to buy..
    Cuz there is a nother one with 30k on the body and only 5 k on the fully built motor.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i wouldnt get anything with a built motor. find one that is stock, unless you change your plans and keep the m3 and use the STi and a project car.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Why would anyone dump that much money in, and then sell it 3k miles later......

Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    Touché

BSD

Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    Reading this thread, this is the exact comment I was going to make. For both of the cars you mentioned, why completely build a motor, an expensive proposition at best, just to turn around and sell if after barely breaking it in? I'm sure there could be circumstances in which this would happen that wouldn't be sketchy, and I'm sure that a story of that sort is what the seller might come up with, but still seems fishy to me.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

No mention of any kind of tuning...that's concerning.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

the rebuilt title would have been an instant turn off for me. id say steer clear of that car. very clear..
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo