Why aren't you waiting for a 2015?

This is a discussion on Why aren't you waiting for a 2015? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi... I'm interested in a 2014 WRX. What would be your reasons for getting a 2014 and not waiting for ...

Why aren't you waiting for a 2015?

Hi... I'm interested in a 2014 WRX. What would be your reasons for getting a 2014 and not waiting for the 2015 redesign? The unknown? Need a car right away? Or is the current generation just that good?

Another question.. how is the braking on the current gen WRX? I was only able to test drive an STI. Loved it.. but way too expensive for me. Plus I'm just looking for a fun daily driver. I ask because I put 90,000 miles on a 2005 Legacy GT and I hated the brakes. Too spongy.. not enough bite. Am interested if the WRX feels the same. Currently there are no WRXs on dealer lots to test drive so that's why I have to ask rather than experience first hand.
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I ended up buying new recently because I didn't have the ability to wait through the upcoming winter. If I had the ability or option to wait it out, I definitely would.

I Support ClubWRX
    Personally, I love the '11+ body style. Interior as well. Lots of people, even on here, hate them or are generally displeased with them. I love the hatch and that's what I ordered.

I'm not waiting on the '15 for a few reasons:
    1) The look of the current gen I've been obsessed with for about 2+ years.
    2) While the concept looks amazing, the next one will not look like that. Cars on the whole, less a select and awesome few, rarely look anything like their concept brethren.
    3) My uncle needs the car I currently have as his is about to kick the proverbial bucket. Offered top dollar for my car as he knows how well I've maintained it.
    4) Lastly, the likelyhood of a newly redesigned car being very very good is slim. Some redesigns are riddled with problems (see: '08 WRX, '12 Ford Explorer). The '11+ is fairly reliable and dependable if no modding is done (and even if modding is done in many cases) and you don't rip it every time you're out. The debate rages on with this topic, particularly on here, but consensus is that they are normally a great DD.

I test drove the WRX hatch and sedan and can say the braking is top notch. You will be able to stop very well in an emergency situation. STI will have more stopping power with the upgraded brakes, but WRX is no slouch. a 2005 LGT vs a 2014 WRX is like night and freaking day. You're talking almost a decade's worth of improvements and a completely different model.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49