04 WRX..$10k? is it worth it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 WRX..k? is it worth it within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hello, This forum i will say is awesome but right now im in the process of getting a WRX finally ...

04 WRX..$10k? is it worth it

Hello,
    This forum i will say is awesome but right now im in the process of getting a WRX finally dream car is going to be mine after three vehicles hah

But this is what it is
    2004 Subaru WRX
    Red
    126,xxx
    This is in really good condition from the pics ive seen

THis is link to the dealer site and such
    Rideauto

now they also have a video of the car
    but i will let yall find it on there

Im right now in the process of purchasing it next weekend (taking a train out there to possibly and most likely pick up)

Though there is aftermarket stuff onthere and dont feel that justifies a price hike on the year and mileage of the vehicle though the condition looks pretty dang good from pics and video

these guys are pretty cool kats talking to them on phone and email they ahve been pretty helpful with helping me get the vehicle in the works of getting it in my hands and so forth

So need opinions and also what can i do in order to remove say the BOV and possibly revert back to stock intake box and also remove the exhaust because in North Dakota it is required to have a muffler and so forth and i also really do not like having a very loud vehicle annoys me when in the forest and such like that

was thinking i could replace that exhaust tip or something with an spt or similar part and size to fit the rest of the exhaust system

im a complete newbie but i am really learning alot about the subarus lately due to this forum and NAOISC and other similar forums about subarus and so forth

any help would be appreciated and much thanks will be given to all around for it

i also am going to print off the buying checklists you have stickied here and bring them with me and also before leaving to buy the car and such asking him questions about previous history and such

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If it was stock with low miles? Maybe.. the fact that it's been modified should take about $3000 off of the price if you ask me, maybe more depending on who did the tune, or lack there of.

If the tune is spot on, and the timing belt/water pump/cam seal/tensoner maintenance has all been done then I would consider maybe $7k for it.. maybe.

yah im goin to see what i can do to get the price down

im not fully into performance engine related aftermarket, rather do it for handling and safer driving experience and enjoyable to

I will see what they say about it because i know they want to get rid of the vehicle and will prob listen to what i have to say about it and such like that and hopefully will accept what i say about it and price drop

Thank you

I Support ClubWRX
    Listen in the video at about 3:30 when they turn around in the cul de sac.

That grinding noise is because of the brakes. Looks like that car has it on left turns. If you do end up going to see it use that sound to your advantage, its very easy to recreate if they haven't fixed it. Click the link in my signature for a description as to why it's happening. It's towards the middle of the thread.

That car isn't worth $10k. Like MainFrame said I'd wouldn't pay more than $7k and that is only if the can provide a full service history with proof the car was tuned for the mods. Secondly I would require a compression and leakdown test.

Hope this helps and good luck. Just remember there are more cars out there so if you walk away from this car don't get discouraged.

Edit: Forgot I uploaded a video for the brake noise lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScoZH-pv-4Y

Follow the link in the description of that video for a NASIOC thread about the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 08-01-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Its funny because my computer now the audio jack does not work and my phone the audio jack is dead also kinda sucks because i cant listen to anything i need to listen to with close proximity sound even using laptop speakers cant hear because everybody likes to talk when i start music up or start watching videos...pissing me off...

anyways
    WOW
    that is a definite key point to show to them and say umm ya this is an issue and yup price drop

the full service history with all the papers showing what parts have been placed on it along with what tunes and where the tunes were done i will most deff. get from them i have to wait till tomorrow to call them again in the AM and get them to understand that i want everything before i hop on a train down there....

hope they are kind and not the douchey sales man that just thinks they are the best in the world and know nothing at all...thats what gets me (peoples kindness gets shot down the water when money is involved sickening-im a kid that likes to see the world happy not pissed off)

So i thank you again
    so much information to get from them tomorrow and also to tell them hey whats up with taht grinding noise, they will say we havent heard anything which will force me to go out there two states away to tell them YO, That grinding noise when you turn its freaking loud....

Thanks
    i will have to make sure to that they give me that service reports, i dont want to drive back with bad fluids in the car and then it die on me half way out back home (ND-Oil)
    i will try to see what they reply to me on the email in the morning and call again

They are asking $11,000. At that price for the location of the car they are asking $1,000 more than NADA says clean retail is.... I would shoot for as others have said $7,000. Doubt they will go that low. But its worth a try.

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan Sedan 4D WRX AWD Prices, Values & Impreza Sedan Sedan 4D WRX AWD Price Specs | NADAguides

Wow
    even more resources to show them and negotiate to them that they are pricing to steep

Im hoping that they are at least reasonable tomorrow and such like that (recording conversation or at least going to try and write it all down and or type as fast as we talk (pretty good at it))

will see
    even more thanks and resources
    i think its kinda ridiculous though because they have others on there and they are even more expensive and are in salvage title and so forth
    so its like WTF really thats insane they are pricing based on aftermarket stuff at MSRP not at discount over time

this car is well worth 5000-7000 dollars i had the idea in the first place to go in and drop down to 8000 and see from there but now that you are all are helping im going to point out all the issues when i see it and hear of the history and so forth and drop it down from what im told and what i see

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You need detailed tune, and compression test info. Based on that info you very well could be looking at a $3500-$4500 car..

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm beginning to wonder if this is worth pursuing frankly. See what they say but be extremely cautious.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if this is worth pursuing frankly. See what they say but be extremely cautious.
    Same here, seems like shady dealing.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

OK
    so right now this is what i was told

I asked them for a service history and maintenance report also about the modifications

They said they put on the BOV, the CAI , and the Ehaust kit ALONG with the
    Wheels and also the Head Lights (i think they also did the rotors to )

I even asked about the sound coming from the brakes but no reply on it as of yet

Im waiting to hear back from them on all the information so i can see it all and also post here for you guys to check out

It does seem really shady kinda pissing me off because they did not say they were a performace tuner upgrade shop

the biggest points im making to them
    1. Mileage, that already cuts it down to 9,000
    2. Aftermarket, Cuts it down further because proper tuning has not been down. now at 8,000
    3. Vehicle history , if title is salvage and also if the history is dated and not properly kept, knock it down to 6500

they are not to happy because im not a kid that does not know anything
    im a kid that is working hard for a living and asking questions to people who are more informed and have more knowledge and are able to help in these situations....

will see

I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly buddy, don't even consider that car an option anymore. There are just too many bad signs.

If it hasn't been tuned it's a ticking time bomb at 126k.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    What kind of exhaust did they put on? I suspect removing a catalytic converter is a federal crime. It's also largely a waste of time. And why would they put wheels on the car? And lights?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thats what im figuring out
    its getting worse and worse the more i think about it and go through these forums and trying to get in contact with them...
    thank you guys

now time to look around for another one (that is not modded) and at least in descent shape

Thank you again
    Time to start hunting

I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck, feel free to post anything you have questions about here.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast