2013, too problematic?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013, too problematic? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So I am ordering my '13wrx in November and am totally ecstatic. I have been looking through these forums and ...

2013, too problematic?

So I am ordering my '13wrx in November and am totally ecstatic. I have been looking through these forums and have been seeing a lot of people claiming they have problems with the car. My question is, does the newest gen of WRXs have a lot of problems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DevonDisaster View Post
    My question is, does the newest gen of WRXs have a lot of problems?
    Compared to what?

I picked up my '13 WRX DGM hatch earlier this month. It has no interior rattles. It's really quick, really fun to drive. It took me some time to get used to it but 25 days in I think it is awesome. I got the stock radio thinking I would just replace it, but I run my ipod through it most of the time and I think it sounds fine. The only issue I have with it is the homelink mirror which was installed at the dealership. It is really loose. It doesn't bounce around while driving but it has way too much play in it when you go to adjust it. I will have them look at that during the first service.

I bought a Subaru sunscreen for "Imprezza", it didn't fit. Dealer returned my money. Went with the 'heatshield' brand and it fits perfect.

Went to a dealership in NOVA for a state inspection. They inspected the car but forgot to put the sticker in the window. Wondering what they'll forget to do next time, I will probably go somewhere else.

Curious as to why you're not ordering a '14 in November?

I'd take the mirror to get replaced. My ended up falling off. The screws are really soft and will strip. I took my and they replaced the screws and its fine now. I've had my 13 for a few months and besides the slight rattles I love it.

Mine^^

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DevonDisaster View Post
    So I am ordering my '13wrx in November and am totally ecstatic. I have been looking through these forums and have been seeing a lot of people claiming they have problems with the car. My question is, does the newest gen of WRXs have a lot of problems?
    No...The 13's have just been purchased by people that like to complain about them

Registered User mikal52waltincec's Avatar
    Love my '13! It's awesome

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, if you are going to be purchasing in November, it will likely be a '14.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    Also, if you are going to be purchasing in November, it will likely be a '14.
    See I was hoping that it won't be a 14, I know it's all speculation.. But I heard and seen rumors of the '14 and not interested in it at all.. But nothing is set in stone obviously, so let's just say I will be ordering my WRX in November haha

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    No...The 13's have just been purchased by people that like to complain about them
    I guess so haha

iH4
    2013 here.. no issues. Best car ever. My rear view did fall too though, lol, dealer took care of it in 20 min.
    Time for AWD fun! CBS 2013 WRX Sedan - SoCal - OC

Quote Originally Posted by iH4 View Post
    2013 here.. no issues. Best car ever. My rear view did fall too though, lol, dealer took care of it in 20 min.
    Other than that, nothing bothered you?

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't see what "problems" you are talking about. Don't buy a car you will have regrets about later.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I don't see what "problems" you are talking about. Don't buy a car you will have regrets about later.
    I am for sure not going to have regrets, I've been trying to get a Subaru for 7 years now. I just want to know what I should be looking out for, if anything.

iH4
    I say, if you look for something, it'll happen. Just drive and enjoy it. It's a mechanical piece of equipment and anything can happen. Overall, you usually hear of complaints, and the rest of the 90% who are too busy enjoying their car won't bother posting anyways. Reality.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time for AWD fun! CBS 2013 WRX Sedan - SoCal - OC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.