2013, too problematic? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013, too problematic? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Calvinball...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I'm only 600 miles into my '13 5Dr but loving it. The fact that it doesn't have anything fancy-schmancy is attractive to me. I bought something to have fun in that is also semi-practical. Not, as someone else said, "a couch on wheels," or a concert on wheels. I don't need all automatic windows! I do agree on the seats though. While relatively comfy and stylish, they could grip me a lot better.

iH4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zataks View Post
    I'm only 600 miles into my '13 5Dr but loving it. The fact that it doesn't have anything fancy-schmancy is attractive to me. I bought something to have fun in that is also semi-practical. Not, as someone else said, "a couch on wheels," or a concert on wheels. I don't need all automatic windows! I do agree on the seats though. While relatively comfy and stylish, they could grip me a lot better.
    True... I like the simplicity of the car. The fact that I could blutooth my music audio through radio was enough for me. The talk "hands free" I have to say though, its not the best.

Late last night, 13' Volvo s60, 13' Focus ST; both from rolling start at the same light, lol - both left behind in 2 shifts
    Time for AWD fun! CBS 2013 WRX Sedan - SoCal - OC

Quote Originally Posted by iH4 View Post
    True...
    Late last night, 13' Volvo s60, 13' Focus ST; both from rolling start at the same light, lol - both left behind in 2 shifts
    But it's got automatic up/down windows and cupholders - and if that's more important then by all means go get that... Subies ARE just econoboxes, but I like the quick-and-nimble.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I just had my first problem in 38,000 miles. A big nail in my rear tire

I get that the Focus ST has options that the WRX doesn't, but I have would have an extremely hard time buying a Ford. My 2008 WRX had 0 problems in 115k miles and it was a good car to me. Plus the AWD saved me more than a couple times in Colorado winters.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #13 -

2008 WRBlue WRX (sold)
    2013 ISM WRX 5dr

Quote Originally Posted by iH4 View Post
    True... I like the simplicity of the car. The fact that I could blutooth my music audio through radio was enough for me. The talk "hands free" I have to say though, its not the best.

i cant use my bluetooth because everyone i call with it tell me they only hear like every third word i say. but it is a cool option that nearly every modern car has, i just wish it actually worked correctly. and i have to assume the focus driver couldnt drive. not trying to get off topic but ive seen them at the drag strip here. they trap slightly higher times than my suby did stock so i know they have the power. from a roll it should have been really close. you sure he knew you were illegially street racing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    But it's got automatic up/down windows and cupholders - and if that's more important then by all means go get that... Subies ARE just econoboxes, but I like the quick-and-nimble.
    the other car mentioned is "quick and nimble" more so than the subie actually. but hey thats just my non-fanboi opinion, i respect the suby for what it is, hell i even own one but the OP asked for my opinion. so i gave him that. and although the suby is missing cupholders and up/down windows. its got a super sweet...ah...er...lack of options and awd-ish - and if thats more important then by all means go get that.......

Quote Originally Posted by EnzoG View Post
    I get that the Focus ST has options that the WRX doesn't, but I have would have an extremely hard time buying a Ford. My 2008 WRX had 0 problems in 115k miles and it was a good car to me. Plus the AWD saved me more than a couple times in Colorado winters.
    if i lived in Colorado the AWD in the suby would make it the obvious choice. and i feel you on the Ford quality, esp a first model year of a new car. which is what inevitably pushed me into a 5 year old design wrx, because i knew most of the kinks had been worked out, or so i thought, a little disappointed on the quality aspect of my subaru actually but the OP asked for my personal opinion, so i gave him that. and being that im in Las Vegas awd doesnt really matter much here(esp considering it has open diffs anyways). no rain or snow ever basically lol

EDIT: come on guys lets keep this light and fun. everyone is entitled to their own opinions
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 08-01-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    i cant use my bluetooth because everyone i call with it tell me they only hear like every third word i say.
    Yup. I thought it ironic that I tried using it to call my Subaru dealer to book the car in for a service and they couldn't hear me. I've since reverted back to using one of those visor-mounted speakerphones.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    i cant use my bluetooth because everyone i call with it tell me they only hear like every third word i say. but it is a cool option that nearly every modern car has, i just wish it actually worked correctly. and i have to assume the focus driver couldnt drive. not trying to get off topic but ive seen them at the drag strip here. they trap slightly higher times than my suby did stock so i know they have the power. from a roll it should have been really close. you sure he knew you were illegially street racing?

The ST isn't anywhere near as quick as a WRX in a straight line. Every test I've read has it as a mid 14 second car with high 5 second 0-60's..

2013 Mazdaspeed3 vs. 2013 Ford Focus ST vs. 2013 Subaru WRX Special Edition - Specs - Motor Trend

It ran the same ET as a .................................................. ........Honda Civic SI....

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...si_first_test/
    Last edited by kritzell; 08-01-2013 at 01:11 PM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I don't understand your quarrel with this.

The 5MT is well suited to the torquey powerband of the 2.5L WRX. A 6MT would have you rowing through more gears, more often, all for naught.

Both your RSX (which has a much more peaky powerband) and a 15k Chevy Sonic with an anemic 1.2L must space the gear ratios closer to remain within the powerband between shifts. In all honesty, I think you're falling prey to the "a performance car MUST have more gears!" mentality that was injected into heads at the debut of Fast and Furious.

FWIW, you must HATE the Evo!
    Bump because I want to hear a response to this.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I'd just like a 6th for fuel economy. Current ratios could stay where they were. But a 6th gear to drop RPMs by 500 at freeway speeds would be very welcome.

Only aspect the ST is better is the fuel economy.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ben View Post
    Only aspect the ST is better is the fuel economy.
    And the interior... and the seats... and the handling....
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

So much ST glorification on a Subaru forum makes me chuckle lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta