2013, too problematic? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013, too problematic? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Yeah, understandable. Just wanted to ease your mind a bit. The Intercooler piping is really the only known issues I ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, understandable. Just wanted to ease your mind a bit.

The Intercooler piping is really the only known issues I believe. It just pops off under hard acceleration sometimes.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Yeah, understandable. Just wanted to ease your mind a bit.

The Intercooler piping is really the only known issues I believe. It just pops off under hard acceleration sometimes.
    Is there anyway to prevent this issue from occurring?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess you could check to make sure the clamp is tightened periodically.

EDIT: Or you could get silicone hoses to replace the stock rubber ones.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I guess you could check to make sure the clamp is tightened periodically.

EDIT: Or you could get silicone hoses to replace the stock rubber ones.
    Works for me haha

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Does a new car have a warranty? Oh goodness; guess that solved that.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    warranty?
    What is the warranty thing you speak of? Can I get one downloaded onto my car using the accessport?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    What is the warranty thing you speak of? Can I get one downloaded onto my car using the accessport?
    No, however the converse is true.

When you install the AP, the Warranty is uploaded back to SOA.

2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    No, however the converse is true.

When you install the AP, the Warranty is uploaded back to SOA.

Warranty < > accessport

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Warranty < > accessport

This has to be the only time I've ever seen that smiley used correctly.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

To be honest, I have no clue what you guys are talking about.. Im brand new to Subarus

Haven't even got mine yet.. Just making sure I know what I'm getting myself into

well just remember your 2013 wrx is about as optioned out as a 1999 honda. small things i didnt realize mattered to me till after i bought my 2013. i know its going to sound all negative but just trying to point out little things often overlooked while in the euphoria stage of buying a new car.

1. your driver window is the only auto up/down window. most new cars are all 4 auto up/down
    2. any way you cut it. its still a 15k impreza at heart. so dont expect it to drive or be refined like a bmw. but thats typical in this class of car so its expected
    3. its got a 5-spd in 2013. a FIVE SPEED?!?!?!! for reference even a 15k chevy sonic has a 6 speed these days
    4. its "quick" wouldnt say "fast" but its definitely fun for sure.
    5. subaru sourced the radio from a 1978 Justy
    6. the WRX's awd is really 2 wheel drive since it has open diffs. you'll find that out the first time you try to put the power down in a hard 1st or 2nd gear corner and hear both your inside wheels squeeling and spinning. still puts the power down better than fwd or rwd alone. but not a true awd IMO
    7. seats look sporty but do little to actually hold you in place. and are rather uncomfortable
    8. did i mention its only a 5 speed. and its 2013? my 2002 rsx had a 6 speed. when i owned it over a decade ago.....
    9. the trunk was designed in the 80's. instead of struts like most modern cars it has bars that protrude into a good portion of the trunk. (if your thinking sedan)
    10. it has an annoying drone stock esp when warming up
    11. other than that its a blast to drive and a reasonable-ish value for 25k. i wish i would have looked harder at some other cars in the same price range Focus ST, MS3, GTI for example. but overall im happy with it.
    Stage 2 makes it a much much more fun car to drive
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    well just remember your 2013 wrx is about as optioned out as a 1999 honda. small things i didnt realize mattered to me till after i bought my 2013. i know its going to sound all negative but just trying to point out little things often overlooked while in the euphoria stage of buying a new car.

1. your driver window is the only auto up/down window. most new cars are all 4 auto up/down
    2. any way you cut it. its still a 15k impreza at heart. so dont expect it to drive or be refined like a bmw. but thats typical in this class of car so its expected
    3. its got a 5-spd in 2013. a FIVE SPEED?!?!?!! for reference even a 15k chevy sonic has a 6 speed these days
    6. the WRX's awd is really 2 wheel drive since it has open diffs. you'll find that out the first time you try to put the power down in a hard 1st or 2nd gear corner and hear both your inside wheels squeeling and spinning. still puts the power down better than fwd or rwd alone. but not a true awd IMO
    7. seats look sporty but do little to actually hold you in place. and are rather uncomfortable
    8. did i mention its only a 5 speed. and its 2013? my 2002 rsx had a 6 speed. when i owned it over a decade ago.....
    9. the trunk was designed in the 80's. instead of struts like most modern cars it has bars that protrude into a good portion of the trunk. (if your thinking sedan)
    11. other than that its a blast to drive and a reasonable-ish value for 25k. i wish i would have looked harder at some other cars in the same price range Focus ST, MS3, GTI for example. but overall im happy with it.
    Going from my base model 2001 miata to something like this is super luxury haha but I understand where you are coming from

I Support ClubWRX

1. your driver window is the only auto up/down window. most new cars are all 4 auto up/down - RIGHT?! The Wife's GTI does all 4 windows
    3. its got a 5-spd in 2013. a FIVE SPEED?!?!?!! for reference even a 15k chevy sonic has a 6 speed these days - Exactly...ugh
    4. its "quick" wouldnt say "fast" but its definitely fun for sure. - Once pro-tuned with a dp it's pretty good though
    7. seats look sporty but do little to actually hold you in place. and are rather uncomfortable - Again, my Wife's GTI has better seats. And there's no difference between WRX or STI seats
    11. other than that its a blast to drive and a reasonable-ish value for 25k. i wish i would have looked harder at some other cars in the same price range Focus ST, MS3, GTI for example. but overall im happy with it. - GTI is supposed to be in this range but it's a much more expensive car, Focus ST and MS3 are comparable but that's it really
    Stage 2 makes it a much much more fun car to drive - this

I Support ClubWRX

I wish all my windows were manual hand crank.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.