2013, too problematic? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013, too problematic? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I've owned every year Impreza from 99 and I think my 13 sedan is the best I've owned....

I Support ClubWRX
    I've owned every year Impreza from 99 and I think my 13 sedan is the best I've owned.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My 2013 WRX is my favorite car so far. No issues so far at 10K miles. I agree with the other posters. Not sure what you are comparing to. The nice thing about the 13 being towards the end of a model revision is any bugs and kinks were worked out in earlier years. I'm one that's hesitant to buy any NEW model where everything was just developed.
    2013 DGM Hatch WRX - STI STS currently only mod

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DevonDisaster View Post
    See I was hoping that it won't be a 14, I know it's all speculation.. But I heard and seen rumors of the '14 and not interested in it at all.. But nothing is set in stone obviously, so let's just say I will be ordering my WRX in November haha
    Well my order got delayed to a '14 and should be coming Sept-Oct. I'll let you know what it is. Haha. That way you can make a more informed decision. I was told by Clayton, a ClubWRX vendor and nearby Subaru salesman, that the '14s will remain largely unchanged as they are not making new molds and the delivery time is still only 2-3 months for Aug 1 orders. If there were new molds, My guess would be more like a 4-6 months wait as the new line rolls out.

At any rate, good job for doing your homework and not pouncing on something that you might not want. Wait it out until Nov, you won't be disappointed.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

'13 Sedan here. only have just under 3,000 miles but no issues here.

I just want to know what I should be looking out for, if anything.
    Look out for the stancetards.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    +1
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I don't see what "problems" you are talking about. Don't buy a car you will have regrets about later.
    Most definitely will not be stancing my car lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    Well my order got delayed to a '14 and should be coming Sept-Oct. I'll let you know what it is. Haha. way you can make a more informed decision. I was told by Clayton, a ClubWRX vendor and nearby Subaru salesman, that the '14s will remain largely unchanged as they are not making new molds and the delivery time is still only 2-3 months for Aug 1 orders. If there were new molds, My guess would be more like a 4-6 months wait as the new line rolls out.

At any rate, good job for doing your homework and not pouncing on something that you might not want. Wait it out until Nov, you won't be disappointed.
    Well, thank you for all the information

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, thank you for all the information
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    I'm actually going to the dealership Saturday to go ask a few questions.. Im a big planner. I need everything worked out a while in advance to make sure everything goes smoothly

Off the top of my head, the only chronic problem I can think of with the 3rd gens is that the throttle body -> intercooler hose likes to pop off. Easily recognizable by the huge amount of extra woosh sound, and easily fixable.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Off the top of my head, the only chronic problem I can think of with the 3rd gens is that the throttle body -> intercooler hose likes to pop off. Easily recognizable by the huge amount of extra woosh sound, and easily fixable.
    Is it because it gets loose?

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Or is it like if you hit a pothole, it will pop off?

I Support ClubWRX
    A lot of times if you go looking for problems it will seem like they are more magnified than they really are.

It's like working in tech support, you only get calls when something isn't working so eventually you think everything sucks. In reality the majority of people just don't have problems so they don't call.

The same can be said for forums. People come here to ask questions when they have problems. Most people who own a WRX will never even touch this forum.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    A lot of times if you go looking for problems it will seem like they are more magnified than they really are.

It's like working in tech support, you only get calls when something isn't working so eventually you think everything sucks. In reality the majority of people just don't have problems so they don't call.

The same can be said for forums. People come here to ask questions when they have problems. Most people who own a WRX will never even touch this forum.
    Makes complete sense.. I just know most cars have their certain flaws.. I just wanted to know what was the WRXs flaw

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta