Did I get a good price?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Did I get a good price? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; 2013 wrx hatch short throw shifter,body side moldings,wheel locks,auto dim mirror-OTD ,579 made a deposit today! What do you think ...

Did I get a good price?

2013 wrx hatch
    short throw shifter,body side moldings,wheel locks,auto dim mirror-OTD $27,579
    made a deposit today! What do you think of my price?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Seems good. What was the sticker price?

Retail was $27,402 before tax/tags/title/doc fee.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson850 View Post
    Retail was $27,402 before tax/tags/title/doc fee.
    Seems like you got a pretty good deal to me!

I Support ClubWRX
    What trim? Base,premium or limited?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

If it was base trim, Truecar.com says you can get that car with side moldings, mirror, and shifter options for $25,232 in the Boston area. I'm not sure if your price includes the destination fee ($795), document fee ($295) or not.

I paid $300 more than the Truecar price, that felt OK after mentioning the word "Truecar" took $1500 off the asking price.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson850 View Post
    2013 wrx hatch
    short throw shifter,body side moldings,wheel locks,auto dim mirror-OTD $27,579
    made a deposit today! What do you think of my price?
    Honestly no one's going to be able to tell you for sure if you got a good price (only if you grossly overpaid/underpaid), because there's too many variables to take into consideration: your location, the trim, how many miles (0? 300?), was it a Subaru dealer, how many WRXes were on the lot, what color, how long was that WRX sitting on the lot, etc.?

The important thing is that you feel good about the price you paid and the monthly payment is where you wanted it to be.

Congrats on your new Subie!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

You got taken on that deal. I got the exact same car with navigation, for 19k OTD.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    You got taken on that deal. I got the exact same car with navigation, for 19k OTD.
    ouch

If the trade was made freely, with a willing buyer trading money to a willing seller for a car that was as advertised, no one got "taken." Both sides found the exchange beneficial, or it would not have been completed.

The fact that someone else claims to have paid a lower price for a different car in a different place changes nothing.

It's true that in a free(er) market dealers as we know them would no longer be able to stand between manufacturers and their customers, collecting what amounts to a tax on each transaction while adding little, zero, or even negative value. Without the friction and obfuscation of dealers, market prices would be more transparent and easier to discover, and the difference in prices paid by people would fall dramatically. There would still be differences; it costs more to deliver a car in Cedar Rapids than it does in Boston, or Oakland. Truecar.com and its ilk combined with basic economic laws are rapidly destroying dealers anyway. Good riddance.

In my transaction, a dealer who had been given my email address by truecar.com contacted me a few days after I agreed to the sale, but before I had taken delivery of the car. He offered to take hundreds of dollars off whatever price I had paid, AND to drive the car to my house.

Clearly a man who needs cash. I didn't accept the offer. My time has value, hassle has negative value, and still more delay in getting the car has negative value.

Did I get "taken" because I might have left a few hundred dollars on the table? No, I did not. I got what I paid for, and I am happy with both the price and the product.
    Last edited by bizman; 07-26-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Peachypumpkincheeks

You're always gonna find someone who paid less than you and someone who paid more. Someone who thinks you got a good deal and someone who thinks you got ripped off.

So it's best not to ask after purchase! Do your research before and find a deal that you think is fair. If you feel good about it and you can afford the monthly payment, then give yourself a pat on the back and be happy with that!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    The thing to ask yourself is this: do I believe I got a good deal relative to how much I wanted this car?

I wanted a WRX pretty badly. I also wanted the top of the line, without going STi, with goodies. I paid just over 32K, OTD, northern NJ. Do I feel like I got a good price for my car? Yes, because it's exactly what I wanted with exactly the extras I wanted. I was willing to pay the higher price. Like Speedette said, you're always going to find someone who paid less or more. Do YOU think you got a good deal with what you purchased to satiate your speedlust?

Personally, I think that is an appropriate price for what the WRX ranges offers. If it was me, and I had to answer, I think you should be happy with that price.
    Last edited by ShiftingLanes; 07-26-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: because typo
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    How did you manage to get a brand new WRX for almost 10K below the MSRP?

I made my offer and they took it. I told them I would walk out and go to another dealer, if they didn't sell me the car.

His icon is a troll.....is no one else getting this? lol
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast