Learn from my mistake

This is a discussion on Learn from my mistake within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Don't by a WRX with high (185) miles on it. I found the 2013 I wanted with the options I ...

Learn from my mistake

Don't by a WRX with high (185) miles on it. I found the 2013 I wanted with the options I wanted. I used the Consumer Reports program so I was set for a good deal on a NEW car. When the car was located it was in a secondary show room just brought back from a sister dealership 50 miles away. I was told these cars are driven by old men who drive 50 mph. Ok, I'm fine with that. But the more I think about it the more it seems that this car was probably one of the first vehicles brought in last year and sat in a showroom being constantly moved around and lightly brushed up by customers etc and moved around the lot gathering up said dents and scratches. Also, when first looking at these cars apparently you can't test drive them. I ended up driving a used one with a few thousand miles so I assumed customers wouldn't be driving the vehicle I was looking at either. The dealer did try to make good but I'm just tired of finding blemishes. I guess what I am trying to say is to look over the vehicle you are interested in with a magnifying glass so nothing is missed. That way you won't buy a vehicle that is more of a scratch and dent special than new because believe me, that's all you will be thinking about instead of being excited for owning a brand new car. I know, you shouldn't have to deal when buying a car but.....if something seems off, just walk away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry about your experience - I test drove a 'new' 2012 evo which must have been sitting around for a year because it was exactly like you described.

Sorry to hear bro. I had only 10 miles on my car when I picked it up. Dealer claims that these new cars can't be test driven because of obvious reasons. We worked out all the paperwork first and about to go into finance but before I did step into finance to pay I told him straight out if u want to make a sale as badly as I want to buy this car I NEED to test drive it. He talked to the manager and was able to let me.

At first they didn't let me until we went through all the paperwork. I understand they not trying to hide anything cuz if u think about it they trying to protect the car from being abused by looky loos.

What kind of dents and scratches are u looking at now?

This is interesting. I am 27 and my Fiance is 28, when we stopped to look at the one she bought we had no problem test driving the car. We talked to the salesman Thursday night and went for a test drive Monday around noon. I would say a test drive on a car like this or anything above normal would be yes or no by your body language and how you look. I'm sure location makes up a big part of this but out of curiosity what vehicle did you drive to the dealership when you looked into the car? We test drove the car at around 11 miles on the odo.

What kind of dents and scratches are u looking at now?
    The paint looks like it has been around for a while with very light surface scratches, but you have to look closely just like the other small issues (one inch mark on the lower front bumper making a "spider web" type mark and a centimeter of touch up behind the rear wheel. The car was buffed a week after I got it to fix most of what I saw. The small dent was removed completely, the only thing done like I hoped. The point is the car should be close to perfect when you get it. I took them for their word and I lost out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sometimes known as "demos". They can get beat pretty badly as no one at the dealer takes responsibility for keeping the car in a near new state. The car on the lot that it's kind of OK to thrash around.

If they could only talk ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics