Weighing my options.

This is a discussion on Weighing my options. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Since I have a thrown rod in my current bugeye I've been looking around for either another bugeye or an ...

Question Weighing my options.

Since I have a thrown rod in my current bugeye I've been looking around for either another bugeye or an STI. I sort of need a vehicle to get around in because everything is 15+ minutes away from me. I came across a rebuilt salvage wrx with 130k miles for $5900, an 05 WRX STI with 176k miles for $8900, and 02 WRX STI with 92k miles for $11,500. None of the cars are physically here in my town, they're like 1-3 hours away. I love 05's but that thing has 30k more miles then my current bugeye and it's three years younger.. I don't think I could get a loan for the 05 or 02 that's being sold for 11,500 because my bank probably won't estimate their value that high. I can easily get the 02 bugeye for 5900 because I got my current one for $5200. The thing is that I'm not too sure on if I should purchase a salvaged vehicle.

Opinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd stay away from the salvage vehicle.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"