Best way to get a new wrx. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best way to get a new wrx. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; How can I make sure I get the invoice price, I'm knew too making deals...

How can I make sure I get the invoice price, I'm knew too making deals

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you have a Costco membership, use the autobuying service. If not you can always use truecar.com and go from there. I used USAA auto buying program and got mine for 258xx before tax. I added fog lights and a boost gauge and ended up at 29k. Taxes suck in California.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX1371 View Post
    If you have a Costco membership, use the autobuying service. If not you can always use truecar.com and go from there. I used USAA auto buying program and got mine for 258xx before tax. I added fog lights and a boost gauge and ended up at 29k. Taxes suck in California.
    Does this site work for Canadian dealers?

First post here but got my wrx in southern California. Hatchback base model with sti shirt throw (seems standard) on all models, and fog lights for $25,800. Standard warranty 3/36000 and standard FREE maintenance 2/24000 miles.

Seems like you guys are all playing 26 something, in Canada a base hatch its 33k withoutj any of the charges that go with it!

I bought mine a couple months ago when there were less than a handful in St. Louis. Mine had to be trucked from Texas. I fell victim to supply and demand.

I paid 31k for my Premium Sedan, before taxes.

As someone said before, you're mostly going to hear from the people who got better than average prices on their cars.

They're not inexpensive. I paid $25k last year for an 09 STI with 13K miles. Considering how fast they sell up here, it wasn't a bad deal, and I'm happy so that's what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertAngle View Post
    A paper trade is where I sell my car but I do it through the dealership so I get the price I want and don't pay that tax on how much I sold my car for towards the wrx.
    Got it. But are you taxed on the difference between what you got on the paper trade and the purchase price of the new car? If you do, that would sweeten the deal. Keep in mind that dealers know this when pricing the car.

In any case, a good deal is in the eye of the beholder. What's instant gratification worth? Only you can answer that...

Good luck, and keep us posted on what direction you take...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertAngle View Post
    Seems like you guys are all playing 26 something, in Canada a base hatch its 33k withoutj any of the charges that go with it!
    Is that 33k in Canadian dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    Got it. But are you taxed on the difference between what you got on the paper trade and the purchase price of the new car? If you do, that would sweeten the deal. Keep in mind that dealers know this when pricing the car.

In any case, a good deal is in the eye of the beholder. What's instant gratification worth? Only you can answer that...

Good luck, and keep us posted on what direction you take...
    The longer I wait the harder it is to find a good deal I'm almost tempted to pay the 33k before tax

$33k CDN is not bad at all for a hatch in Canada. My 11' premium sedan was listed at $32.5k including all fees when I bought it.. I had 2 things going for me at the time though.. I bought from the #1 Subaru dealership in Ontario.. And it was the last 11 model they had on the lot at the beginning of 2012, so they offered me $4000 off without any negotiation. Don't try and compare prices with dealerships in the US.. its not realistic North of the border. I suggest calling a few dealerships to price match (Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal) and see if your quote is fair.

I Support ClubWRX
    DesertAngle: You've started a pile of similar threads on this topic, so I've merged them together to get the conversation in one place.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Some tips...

Heyyy!
    I'm a Subbie Newbie from Colorado and I just purchased my first "real" car yesterday. It's the special edition 2013 WRX (tangerine orange) and it took a lot of perseverance to locate one that wasn't marked up thousands above MSRP.
    In the last couple of weeks, I've spoken with about 12 different dealers across the US and have some insight (hopefully useful to someone) for those of you wanting new WRXs...

1. The 2013's are no longer in production, and you can't order a 2014 yet (was told most likely October). They're in limbo right now. Dealerships are trying to clear out their '13 inventory, so now is a REALLY opportune time to buy.

2. I know that Pinebelt Subaru in Lakewood, NJ is offering $3,368 discounted off the MSRP of all 2013 WRXs (quoted price was $25,900 for premium models). You should be able to get a similar discount at the Subaru place near you. If not, you can always email around, negotiate a firm price quote (via email is best bc its in writing) and then take that price to the dealership that has the exact car you want to buy.

3. A **HUGE** tip is to sign up via Consumer Reports (you can do the $7 for 1 month package) and then purchase a report for the 2013 WRX ($14). It lets you type in as many zipcodes as you want and gives you the target price and MSRP for the car. It also gives you a scale of what how many others paid for that exact car. This is a GREAT tool to use if you've found the new car you want (via AutoTrader, Cars dot com, or whatever) and its not in your hometown. Print it out and take it to the dealership to help you negotiate. They are supposed to honor the price quoted on the certificate.

4. I paid $28,851 (includes LoJack) for the special edition WRX before taxes (MSRP $29,565). I feel is an extremely fair price considering this car is 1 of 200 made. I searched the entire country for this specific car and finally got my hands on the one in California. The dealers on the east coast (NY, NJ) refused any offer less than MSRP. The dealership in CO had theirs marked up to $35k and after two hours of haggling/game playing I was only able to negotiate down to $31k. We had a highly recommended car broker go in to negotiate a better price, but he couldn't get any better of a deal that I could. Freakin' ridiculous.

Best of luck to all of you with the new car buying process. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to try to help.

Yes, Canada has taxes that are added to car purchases that we don't have in the us.
    -Phillip
    2013 WRX STI WRB

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    Heyyy!
    I'm a Subbie Newbie from Colorado and I just purchased my first "real" car yesterday. It's the special edition 2013 WRX (tangerine orange) and it took a lot of perseverance to locate one that wasn't marked up thousands above MSRP.
    In the last couple of weeks, I've spoken with about 12 different dealers across the US and have some insight (hopefully useful to someone) for those of you wanting new WRXs...
    Welcome! What part of CO are you in? I'd really like to see the tangerine in person, and am curious if it's as sticky as the rest of the Subaru paint I've detailed. Good tips on finding an SE.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast