STi Value

This is a discussion on STi Value within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So I have been watching my trade in value of my car on KBB for a couple years now. I ...

STi Value

So I have been watching my trade in value of my car on KBB for a couple years now. I was thinking about trading in my 2007 4 door STi back when the Tsunami hit and I wasn't able to get anything at the time, so I never traded it in. Back then trade in on KBB was 22,500. Now, dealer trade in is 26k, and private party sale is 29k, for a car I paid 30k for back in 2007. My car is not modified other than a strut tower brace and has 70k miles on it now. Is KBB broken or is this really what is happening to the value of an STI?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    KBB is inflated, NADAis typically what dealerships use. Good luck.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    KBB usually inflates values a bit. I compare KBB against the NADA guides to get a better idea.

According to NADA, a clean '07 STI with 70k would have a trade in value of about $19,750. Retail would be around $22,750.

That said, for the right buyer, you could do very well on an unmolested 2007 STI. If you're looking to sell, I would try listing it privately and seeing what offers you get.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

That seems a bit more reasonable....