'06 WRX Wagon, Salvage, $11k?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '06 WRX Wagon, Salvage, k? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; 2006 WRX Wagon Craiglist LINK So I just bought this car and have to move ... So I have to ...

'06 WRX Wagon, Salvage, $11k?

2006 WRX Wagon Craiglist LINK

So I just bought this car and have to move ... So I have to sell it. I love this car runs perfect with no issues at All. Mostly stock I just put a cat back exhaust on it and it has a suburu performance intake. Tinted windows and HID headlights... O and a front lip... Car looks awesome no leaks just passed smog, and sounds good. Brand new tires all around. Call Sean for details 209-271-4448 may consider partial trades as well so whatcha got? Car does has a salvage title due to very minor front end collision.. No airbags deployed no funny lights or noises have car fax info on it ... Very minor incedent
    Wondering what to think. Wagons are quite rare here, at least in the 06-07 range that I'm interested in. Ones under 100k miles even more so. I've been waiting to find a wagon (over the Sedan) and this popped up today...

Should a non-tuned car work OK with these mods? I'd consider getting it tuned locally even if I were to purchase. But just curious about concerns if it hasn't been tuned for the current mods. I know everyone does an exhaust system. But have read some say intakes absolutely need a tune, and others say /shrug no bigs, run it as is.

The price seems right [for being Salvage]. Don't want to let an other wise nice Wagon go.

Its ~3 hours away, otherwise I'd already look at it...but wanted to get some feed back and opinions first before I dig further.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    A car isn't going to end up with a salvage title from a minor collision.. the seller is lying.

I Support ClubWRX
    Rule of thumb - Don't buy salvage title cars.

Also, at the price you can find a clean title car. It just might take a little longer.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Thanks for the responses!

Right now I'm less concerned about the Salvage title, than I am the mods. External/body/suspension parts are easy to replace, engines/turbos I'd rather not get into right away..

There have not been any 'clean title', <100k mile, 06-07 Wagons (or Sedans) for $10-11k in this area. Some high mile (170k+) 02-05's come in around [or below] that price range from time to time. But I need a 2.5L.

If I talk to the guy and get details (CarFax/receipts) and an understanding on the reason for Salvage, I can then make my decision about that issue.
    Most are afraid of Salvage, there a gamble, I understand that, and I know that going into it. But for me, the buy-in could make it worthwhile if saving $3-5k.

I would plan to drive the car to ~175k+, so I would be getting some good use out of it.

I guess maybe I'm just trying to justify it to myself since the 06-07 wagons are so rare..and I want one.. lol
    Anyway, thanks, honestly.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rotax View Post
    Most are afraid of Salvage, there a gamble, I understand that, and I know that going into it.

And here's the thing.. you know it is a gamble, and the seller has already admitted he JUST bought the car and is now immediately trying to get rid of it. That should tell you right there that he took the gamble on the salvage title and lost. Why jump in to take over someone else's problems/financial loss?

06/07 wagons are rare. Thats why I settled for my 05. Still completely happy with my purchase.
    And in all honesty, I doubt you will find a hawkeye wagon under 10k for that price anytime soon. Good luck.

Most are afraid of Salvage, there a gamble, I understand that, and I know that going into it

I would plan to drive the car to ~175k+, so I would be getting some good use out of it.

These two lines don't seem to go together very well, IMO.

I definitely understand wanting it bad enough to overlook things you know you shouldn't. I had money in hand to buy mine when the report came back from a mechanic that it had a ton of problems... I almost went ahead anyways but ended up passing. Two weeks later I found a super clean car with 30k less miles and no issues for $1k more than I had planned on spending on a car that would have needed 3k in repairs to make safe to drive. It's worth it to wait for the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    It's worth it to wait for the right one.
    I jumped on my car too soon. It had been in an accident and covered up cheaply. I was too excited and didnt look close enough. Now I've replaced a lift gate, front and rear bumper and soon to replace front quarter panel. All because i didnt slow down, take a breath, and wait for the right one.
    Find a low-mileage one-owner unmodified '04/'05 and you're golden.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Thanks all, I'll consider the 04/05 then.

Actually, saw this one recently: 2005 WRX Wag
    138k miles. Clean title, excellent running car, interior excellent, Air condition ok, no issues.
    I also see a boost gauge, aftermarket radio (?), and tint (?).

$8,500 OBO Seems like good bang for the buck; if maintenance has been kept up on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks all, I'll consider the 04/05 then.

Actually, saw this one recently: 2005 WRX Wag

I also see a boost gauge, aftermarket radio (?), and tint (?).

$8,500 OBO Seems like good bang for the buck; if maintenance has been kept up on.
    That's more like it. The engine bay looks to be unmodified so that's a start. If it's had all scheduled maintenance done it's certainly worth a test drive.

I did laugh at the "Turbo 4x4" part in the add though lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I did laugh at the "Turbo 4x4" part in the add though lol
    Yeah, honestly that turned me off right away...along w/ the pics. But not everyone knows what their driving, which may be a good sign for a used [unmolested] WRX. :P

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.