Subaru WRX Forum banner

180k WRX.. worth it for track/daily duty?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wreckingball man 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

I've been thinking of finding a WRX to build up for track duty with some daily driving as well. So I found one at a toyota dealership nearby... a white wrx sedan with 180k miles, for about 5 grand. Thing is, would it be a decent deal for what I want to do? Or is it possible the engine/transmission would have too much wear to the point where I may have to rebuild the whole thing?

#2 ·
im no subaru expert by far. came from all sorts of cars but what i do know is that if you buy something with that much miles whos to say it wasnt beaten since day 1 or was modified hard without a good tune and then brought back to stock..? its a 5k car... potential, yes....but its a 5k car non the less. not like diesel engine where 300k is obtained easy in my commercial truck. unless it was completely serviced by pros its like crap shooting no? i def. not trying to come off as a **** at all but im just warning you only God knows. namean???

#4 ·
Depends, mine has >260,000mi. and I dont plan on parking it any time soon. Engine was completely rebuilt and machined at 200,000. The 2.0L engines will go 200k easy. But like any other car it depends largely on how the previous owner treated it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.