buying a new WRX/STI
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on buying a new WRX/STI within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; ok well guys the Bugeye is just having more and more problems, the A/C compressor is out for the third ...

buying a new WRX/STI

ok well guys the Bugeye is just having more and more problems, the A/C compressor is out for the third time in basically a year, i have kids and a wife, and im in texas, im not driving around without A/C time to fix the A/c and sell the bugeye, and buy a new(ER) WRX.

So i really like the 06-07's and they are in my price range, but i found a few 08's and 09's but the oldest id buy is maybe an 06 with really really low miles, i want something basically new 50k or less miles, so anyway, ive only dealt with the bugeye, are there anythings in particular with the 06-07's that i should watch out for, and also the 08+ any problems or things i should look for at all?

06 subura impreza wrx
    2006 Subaru Impreza
    2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan with STI mods!!!
    2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Blue, AWD Super Charged Turbo Rare
    2008 Subaru WRX STi
    2007 Subaru Stock 0S37008A Impreza Sedan AWD WRX STI
    2007 subaru sti limited edition
    _________ 2006 SUBARU WRX STI 300+HP TURBO ______WE FINANCE _____
    2006 SUBARU WRX STI
    2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan 4dr H4 Turbo WRX STI w/Gold Wheels
    2006 Subaru wrx fS/Ft take over payments
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    2008 Stock 819966 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    2201 2006 Subaru Impreza
    sorry for all the links but these are the WRX's in my area
    Dont buy cheap ebay knockoffs, thats disgraceful to the Subaru you drive, its not a rice rocket, and you're nota Ricer and it has the possibility to be broken more easily. - Roger

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't think I would consider paying $130,000 for that first 06 Joking aside, and this may be unfair, but an ad like that one I would dismiss. No details and poorly done, I can't help but think that those traits coming through in the ad probably indicate something about the person behind it, and how they probably treated their car.

Stay away from anything modded, that's a gamble with poor odds. 08's are kinda considered black sheep, the suspension was softened up that year. Some build dates from 09 are susceptible to engine failures. 2009 WRX engine failure VIN/build date owner list - NASIOC

Otherwise, just a suggestion. Some of those cars are in the low $20k's. Is that pushing your budget? I was looking around that price, but ended up just waiting a bit longer to save some more for a downpayment and bought new instead. Between saving a bit more, and the lower interest rate for a new car load vs used, I was able to make it work.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

yea, im looking to stay under 25k, after taxes and all the jazz.

i dont want modded, i mean if its really light modding, i mean really light. i would consider it, but i dont like buying modded cars, your just buying someone elses problems.
    and as far as the 08, i wouldnt mid a softer suspension, i got kids ya know, i was wondering about the powertrain and such with that i heard, the 06-07 sti's were faster than the 08 sti's and that car and driver said on the track the 08 wrx was faster than the 08 sti because it was lighter.
    but yea im considering buying now, but im also considering saving a little longer and maybe holding out for a 2014, i have 18k in cash now and if i keep saving until the end of the year, i might have enough for a new STI or at least close to it. i just have about 5k in debt to pay off first if i was to buy new, lol

anyway thanks for the info
    Dont buy cheap ebay knockoffs, thats disgraceful to the Subaru you drive, its not a rice rocket, and you're nota Ricer and it has the possibility to be broken more easily. - Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSteadman View Post
    yea, im looking to stay under 25k, after taxes and all the jazz.

i dont want modded, i mean if its really light modding, i mean really light. i would consider it, but i dont like buying modded cars, your just buying someone elses problems.
    and as far as the 08, i wouldnt mid a softer suspension, i got kids ya know, i was wondering about the powertrain and such with that i heard, the 06-07 sti's were faster than the 08 sti's and that car and driver said on the track the 08 wrx was faster than the 08 sti because it was lighter.
    but yea im considering buying now, but im also considering saving a little longer and maybe holding out for a 2014, i have 18k in cash now and if i keep saving until the end of the year, i might have enough for a new STI or at least close to it. i just have about 5k in debt to pay off first if i was to buy new, lol

anyway thanks for the info
    It was probably in 09 where the wrx tested quicker (in a straight line) than the STI. That was the year that they bumped the power output of the wrx to 265 hp. In 08 it was still 224 hp.
    - Will

the car and driver article i read was for the 08 only, i do remember that i because it stated you could get a WRX in sedan but the STI only in hatch and it was slower
    2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Road Test - Car Reviews - Car and Driver

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI w/Gold Wheels AWD Clean Carfax

the only only reason i ask all of this is for this car here

the car and driver article i read was for the 08 only, i do remember that i because it stated you could get a WRX in sedan but the STI only in hatch and it was slower
    2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Road Test - Car Reviews - Car and Driver
    I didn't see anything in that article about the wrx being faster than the sti. I promise you, you're thinking about the 09+ models. That's only if you beat the car to death, and only in a straight line, anyways.
    - Will

ah you must be right, anyway what do you think of that last link the black and gold 08 sti

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI w/Gold Wheels AWD Clean Carfax

the only only reason i ask all of this is for this car here
    What modifications are on it?
    - Will

from what it looks like i dont see any bolt ons maybe exhaust, thats all i can see the main site says

This WRX STI ups the ante in performance with even more power, unique body styling, upgraded suspension, 18-inch Gold alloy wheels, Brembo brakes, a CD changer, aggressive sport seats and Alcantara upholstery. This STI also includes SI-drive, a three-mode setup for the engine and electronic throttle maps..........With 305 hp and 290 lb-ft you know what your getting...........EXACTLY what you've been wanting! You really need to see and FEEL this one for yourself.........Give me a call and let me tell you more about it........or come by and take it for a spin! Don't wait around to long or it will gone as these are rare and hard to find cars in this package!

Only one out of those you listed would I even remotely consider and that's this one: 2007 Subaru Stock 0S37008A Impreza Sedan AWD WRX STI

The rest are pretty much no worth it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    What modifications are on it?
    Obviously has an aftermarket rear sway bar, exhaust (only exits to the right, so I'm assuming its the Invidia N1), and gauges...I'd assume it's some version of Stage 2.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I don't know about the 08-09 STI. I almost pulled the trigger on one with a similar price. I just heard things about engine failure yada yada yada...I don't know if any of it is true or any data to back it up. But it's enough to stear me clear of it (especially with out warranty)

I just figured my best bet was a brand new WRX. Prices are reasonable and the interest rate is great. WIN/WIN right there.

well then throw that one out the window.

im leaning towards 06 subura impreza wrx just because with the rims he has on this, i know he couldnt do mods to the engine, theres no way, so it may be stock with low miles, which is cool with me
    but i absolutely love these
    2007 Subaru Stock 0S37008A Impreza Sedan AWD WRX STI
    2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Blue, AWD Super Charged Turbo Rare

well then throw that one out the window.

im leaning towards 06 subura impreza wrx just because with the rims he has on this, i know he couldnt do mods to the engine, theres no way, so it may be stock with low miles, which is cool with me
    Not sure I follow the logic.

Turbo Rare!! The fastest rare there is!
    - Will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.