Which year to go with
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Which year to go with within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I am currently looking to buy a wrx though I've looked at some sites here and there and am wondering ...

Which year to go with

I am currently looking to buy a wrx though I've looked at some sites here and there and am wondering which year would be better choice to buy. I'm currently looking at a 05 and a 08. The 05 is roughly $15k and the 08 is $18k. Seeing as the 05 has roughly the same amount of hp as the 08(please correct me if I'm wrong), I'm leaning towards the 05. However im a big fan of the 08 hatchback. I don't plan on upgrading either car for a few years if at all.
    What are your opinions? I figure you guys would know better than anyone else.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the 08 has a reputation for being on the bottom of the wrx awesomeness chart. (it was the first year with the new body style but still had the same HP as the older models. 09 is when the HP was increased and they made some exterior changes so it wasnt as ugly lol)

i would honestly look for an 06-07 if you are shopping used.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Would it be worth going for an 09 and try to haggle them down some? I'd hate to lose the hatchback, I tend to go camping in the summer and love all the extra space capability.

09 is better than the 08. Bigger turbo, improved suspension, some other crap.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    if its in your budget then go for it. keep in mind, the pre-08 models also came in wagon form which have a lot of room as well

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    06-07 Wagon. Do it!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    06-07 Wagon. Do it!
    This. Love the look of the 06-07 wagons. You honestly don't see too many of em either. And a slap on VF turbo is virtually plug and play so you can get some more power pretty easily!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.