Forester vs Outback vs BMW X1
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Forester vs Outback vs BMW X1 within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I am considering the purchase of either a Forester, Outback, or BMW X1 to replace my 2003 Saab 9-3 with ...

Forester vs Outback vs BMW X1

I am considering the purchase of either a Forester, Outback, or BMW X1 to replace my 2003 Saab 9-3 with 195k miles on it. My wife has a 2010 WRX and we love it so I would not mind sticking to Subaru.

I want something that drives similar to WRX speed wise but has more storage space. I test drove a 2013 Outback 6 cylinder and it is peppier that I expected. The 4 was a drag. I have not driven The Forester XT but a friend said it is the most comparable to the WRX speed wise. Is this true? I know it won't be as fast, but is it faster than the Outback?

I have also considered the BMW X1 xdrive 28 but have not driven one yet. It is about an inch lower which I do not like. I don't plan to offroad any of these vehicles but we do drive a number of gravel roads which is why I want the AWD.

Price wise the three cars are similar enough that it is not an issue. I like the look of the BMW and then the Outback the most. The forester does not thrill me so I am not sure i will be happy long term. I have a tendency to keep my cars for ten years/200k miles, whichever comes first, so I need to like it. Will the Subbies go 200k miles?

Any input would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Subaru claims the new Forester 2.0XT will provide "WRX/STi levels of performance." However, I won't be convinced until I drive one.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    From those 3 I would get the Forester XT. Personally I will probably never own a German car due to high maintenance costs.

As Zach said the XT is supposed to be comparable to WRX performance. I doubt it will be as peppy but, I'm sure it will feel great for a small SUV.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.