Buying first WRX, Need help!

This is a discussion on Buying first WRX, Need help! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi, my names is zach. I've wanted a Wrx for a long time and finally the time has come, i'll ...

Buying first WRX, Need help!

Hi, my names is zach. I've wanted a Wrx for a long time and finally the time has come, i'll be moving out to Colorado for school. I've been searching autotrader for months looking for the right now, i finally found one that i really like. Here is the link to the dealers website Used 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX For Sale | Strongsville OH

The carfax is also on that page. I noticed it had an aftermarket exhaust which was not listed in their posting, so i asked if there was anything else they didn't list that was in the vehicle and they said "not that we know of." I dont know much about the cars so i dont know what to look in terms of cautions. The only other fishy thing i noticed is that there are two owners and the second only had the vehicle for 3 months and managed to rack up almost 7k miles. Please help.
    Thanks
    Zach

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not a bad looking car.

It does look like an aftermarket CBE obviously. Interior is stock. The turbo heatshield is still intact which means it may not have been modified aside from the CBE (common mod is to replace the downpipe, which requires removing that heatshield). The wheels are painted black, which is not stock.

There's really no concern of two owners or how much it was driven in a given period of time, as long as all maintenance has been kept up with. The carfax does show a couple maintenance items like oil changes though there is a small period where one may have been missed or something, though a Carfax won't list all changes if the owner did them himself or he went to another smaller ma and pa shop that may not report to carfax for something like that. Overall, that is a pretty low mileage car for a 2011.

Give it a test drive, and have an independent Subaru mechanic look at it. $100 to check it out professionally could save you some headaches down the line if you do go for it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like a base model..Except for the exhaust that is. Why not look at a new one.
    they are priced about the same.
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    Looks like a base model..Except for the exhaust that is. Why not look at a new one.
    they are priced about the same.
    +1, it does look like a base model. In that case the price really isn't far off from what people are paying for a brand new car, and you'll get a better interest rate on a new car. LMAO at the "29k retail price."
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"