2011 WRX to 2008ish Legacy Gt

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX to 2008ish Legacy Gt within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So Ive been kicking around the idea of selling my 2011 WRX premium sedan and in return picking up an ...

2011 WRX to 2008ish Legacy Gt

So Ive been kicking around the idea of selling my 2011 WRX premium sedan and in return picking up an older LGT (07-09 possibly). My main concern is that I know NOTHING about this model. I did a lot of research before buying my rex that diverted me away from an 08 (wimpy turbo) and 09s (motor problems). I am just curious if there have been any "off" years for the Legacys. Any input would be greatly appreciated! It really does kill me to get rid of my baby, but I am transferring to a different University that will require me to commute about 50 miles a day and I just cant stomach putting those miles on such a new WRX that I am still paying for. The LGT would be great because payments and insurance would be considerably lower but I would still have the joy of AWD and the turbo boxer motor. Again, I appreciate ANY input you guys have!

P.S. When I have my degree I am going to get an STi
    2011 WRX Premium Sedan Spark Silver - SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP Stage 1, Cobb intake and box

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't have any experience with the LGT, but both my dad and a good friend of mine have a 2007 Outback XT, which I believe is a very similar car. It's a nice car.. feels like a more grown up WRX. Where as the power delivery in my 03 WRX feels very raw and punchy, the XT feels more smooth and refined. It definitely pulls pretty hard though. Handling wise, the XT is noticeably higher with softer suspension and more body roll.

Hope any of that helps.

i just went from an 08 LGT to a 12 WRX. 07 LGTs have subtle differences from the 08-09. it's as if subaru was 'testing' the 07's and refined them for 08-09. if i were you, i would look into the 08-09's. also take a look at legacygt.com for more info. plenty of knowledgeable people but like all forums, do some 'searches' before asking questions that have been already answered. good luck

also, if you can, get a spec b.
    2012 Satin White Pearl WRX Base Hatchback
    Torqued Performance Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    It doesn't make much financial sense to trade in the WRX, unless you really can't afford the current payments. Why don't you want to put mileage on the WRX? This isn't a million dollar Zonda, it's a pedestrian economy car.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    It doesn't make much financial sense to trade in the WRX, unless you really can't afford the current payments. Why don't you want to put mileage on the WRX? This isn't a million dollar Zonda, it's a pedestrian economy car.
    I would sell it privately rather than trade it in. I can afford the payments but I really want to concentrate on school and get done ASAP which would mean I would go down to part time work. I had a big enough down payment that I could still pay for my WRX but I just don't want to stretch my finances too thin. I bought my WRX used with 2000 miles on it and I got a pretty good deal so I won't take too much of a hit when selling my car.
    2011 WRX Premium Sedan Spark Silver - SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP Stage 1, Cobb intake and box

The Spec B is the closest you can get in getting a STi Legacy GT. They're pretty rare, but man are they quick for its size. From what I heard, the 08-09 Legacy are the best model year since Subaru refined all the kinks out and it was the last model year to have the turbo EJ25 engine for North America before they took it out from the model lineup. If Subaru still had the Legacy 2.5 GT, I would probably buy that over a WRX any day.
    Last edited by Genzo; 03-02-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    2003 Infiniti FX35 Sport Package - Metallic Copper