Trying to buy a 2006 WRX. Need help. New to Subarus - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Trying to buy a 2006 WRX. Need help. New to Subarus within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; if there is any way you could run a car fax for a friend of mine he wants to buy ...

if there is any way you could run a car fax for a friend of mine he wants to buy a 2000 subaru forrester. i have no idea how to even do a carfax report but let me know and i can get whatever you need.

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    You're getting good advice from everyone else already and avoiding a lot of headache by asking first, but make sure to get me the vin number for any car you're seriously considering before you buy it so I can run a carfax for you. I also agree with everyone else that independent inspection is key, not your buddy, like a real shop. If anything isn't right it will help you negotiate a better price, and if not you have peace of mind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so i called and they wont be able to get back to me untill 1200... so as soon as i know you will know. i asked about the clutch, belt, and what exactly was wrong with the CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Has the timing belt been changed? Clutch?

okay so the clutch has not been replaced. and he will check on the timing belt but quote "well i dont know if it has a timing belt or a timing chain" is what he replied to my question. also the computer he said there might not even be anything wrong they are just sending it to subaru to make sure it is good to go.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbllfreek View Post
    okay so the clutch has not been replaced. and he will check on the timing belt but quote "well i dont know if it has a timing belt or a timing chain" is what he replied to my question. also the computer he said there might not even be anything wrong they are just sending it to subaru to make sure it is good to go.
    IT HAS A TIMING BELT.

If neither has been done, expect $2500 in service charges at Maita Subaru immediately.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

lol i know i was like ummm i know it is a timing belt but he still was like well i have to go check because he wasnt at the office he was playing golf...

well the clutch i am sure i can wait to change it for a while. or at least till i get to Georgia but i will probably do the timing belt soon. i dont have any tools as of right now but i am probably going to just buy the parts then go to a dealership to get it done.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep timing belt would be the first thing changed asap. I still think for the price it's a good buy.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Might want to consider a fuel filter too, doubt it has ever been changed, and they do clog. It is in the tank and runs ~$150 changed at the dealer.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    if there is any way you could run a car fax for a friend of mine he wants to buy a 2000 subaru forrester. i have no idea how to even do a carfax report but let me know and i can get whatever you need.
    pm me
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    lol i know i was like ummm i know it is a timing belt but he still was like well i have to go check because he wasnt at the office he was playing golf...
    damn I must be working at the wrong dealership... I want to work at a place where I don't need to have any product knowledge and get to play golf during working hours
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

the fuel filter was changed at about 111k miles if i remember right

also probably more down the road from here but my buddy keeps saying "coilovers" i know they are a type of shocks that replace what you have currently. but exactly what are they? and what is the advantages to having them?

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Might want to consider a fuel filter too, doubt it has ever been changed, and they do clog. It is in the tank and runs ~$150 changed at the dealer.

lol the guy is such a sleez. but it isnt a long term relationship i want wit him i just want his car... lol

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    damn I must be working at the wrong dealership... I want to work at a place where I don't need to have any product knowledge and get to play golf during working hours

well the timing belt has no record of it being changed. And the computer is fine they said they just wanted to check everything before they sold it. Looks like i will be picking up the car tomorrow after work. Now i just need to find a ride/car to get there... haha

and i already checked on the price of the timing belt change. it looks like it should be 700$ with parts and labor.

I Support ClubWRX
    and i already checked on the price of the timing belt change. it looks like it should be 700$ with parts and labor.
    That seems low. If you go into the dealer and say " I want the timing belt changed" they will change JUST the timing belt.

At the minimum you want the :

Timing belt
    Water pump
    Tensioner
    Idlers
    Rad hoses
    Thermostat
    Coolant
    And all appropriate gaskets

Changed.

Otherwise they will reuse all your old stuff including coolant.

I just did this service, it cost me $400 in parts alone for the stuff above. All my idler bearings were on there way out, with the smallest idler bearing real close to catastrophic failure.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast