2004 wrx sedan with rebuilt title and 40k miles

This is a discussion on 2004 wrx sedan with rebuilt title and 40k miles within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys I'm currents looking at some WRX's as a spare fun vehicle. I grew up with my uncle and ...

2004 wrx sedan with rebuilt title and 40k miles

Hey guys I'm currents looking at some WRX's as a spare fun vehicle. I grew up with my uncle and grandpa working on supras but strayed off to mustangs. I recently sold that and have decided turbo is my next choice! I live in Alaska but I'd keep my WRX in Washington. I'm a fan of the 04/05 model and have found a pretty clean 05 WRX, the only problem is its a rebuilt title, they say its due to an insurance loss, what ever that means. They are asking $12,599 I feel that is to high for a rebuilt titled car, IMO I think it's only worth $11,000 at most, but would offer $10,000 first. What do you guys think of the price? What would you pay? I'm buying this car with the intentions of keeping it, doing a little bit of work. I would also have one of the import shops around the Portland OR area do a full inspection before purchasing. What do you guys think?

Here's a link

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Premium PKG For Sale In PORTLAND OR - 3 Line Motors

Thanks guys,

Josh

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I personally wouldn't ever buy a car with a rebuilt title

For whatever reason the link isn't working for me. How many miles are on it? Is it stock?

For 12,599 you can find a clean titled 04-05 and sometimes even 06's with higher mileage go for that much

edit: okay i can see the link now. the car looks very clean. appears to be stock engine wise. i can see that there are STi BBS wheels, lowering springs, & gauges. (i'm assuming one is boost, but cant tell from the pictures)

the wheels are a sign (IMO) that the previous owner was an enthusiast. those are BBS from an STi and ONLY 04 STi BBS fit (you have to actually do research to know that). the gauges could also be an indicator that the car was once modified and returned back to stock.
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 02-22-2013 at 03:23 AM.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks for the response. I realize for the price I could get a clean title 04-07 (with a bit of shopping). But I would have this inspected by a body shop and a reputable tuner/import shop. If things checked out and I got it for a good price, I'd be willing to live with the rebuilt title. And really the color and low miles is what is drawing me in, I'm a sucker for white but any white subarus I see have a branded title And high mileage, same for red. Anyone know what this WRX would be with on the streets?

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboots View Post
    Anyone know what this WRX would be with on the streets?

Josh
    What do you mean by that?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

A bit higher mileage isn't a problem really as long as the car has been taken care of. But I myself wouldn't purchase a rebuilt title...especially for that price for a near 10 year old car? Nope.

Insurance loss could be a multitude of things: theft, crash, flood damage, etc.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying