2002 wrx sedan good buy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx sedan good buy? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Ack. That front end makes baby Jesus cry. If it were me, I'd be willing to spend perhaps another 00 ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Ack. That front end makes baby Jesus cry.
    If it were me, I'd be willing to spend perhaps another $1000 and find a car owned by an older person, who didn't want to monkey with it so much.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

2002 wrx sedan good buy?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboJoe View Post
    Im not sure where your seeing $400 for a timing belt kit
    You know best.

is this something that should be done as soon as i got the car?
    Yes.

See the link in my signature for all info.

Enjoy the car.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Ack. That front end makes baby Jesus cry.
    If it were me, I'd be willing to spend perhaps another $1000 and find a car owned by an older person, who didn't want to monkey with it so much.
    I hated it at first too, at least its "unique".......right?. i really wouldnt normally consider this but this is my dream car and you are not getting a wrx around here for less then $8000 unless it has 120k+ miles. you dont think its a worthy investment? i looked up the blue book and it says $7500 even in the condition that its in. im almost positive i could flip the car within a year for what i paid, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    You know best.

Yes.

See the link in my signature for all info.

Enjoy the car.
    ok, thank you. The moment a wrx's keys are in my hands, be it this or another one; ill come here for a subscription.

I Support ClubWRX
    You mentioned that you're mechanically competent. If you determined that the engine/transmission, etc, are in great shape, and you don't see an immediate need for replacing something expensive, then perhaps it's a worthwhile purchase, if you get a great deal.

Good luck, either way.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You mentioned that you're mechanically competent. If you determined that the engine/transmission, etc, are in great shape, and you don't see an immediate need for replacing something expensive, then perhaps it's a worthwhile purchase, if you get a great deal.

Good luck, either way.
    thank you, I'm going to do a tune up as soon as i get the car if i do. But what problems are commonly encountered between 108,000 and 150,000 with these models?

I'd run away. If the previous owner put in a Turbo Timer and a racing clutch, then he didn't know what he was doing. I suspect other mods, and I'm willing to bet it wasn't properly tuned to go along with it.

You're right...you won't find a good condition lower mileage WRX in the Philly area for $6500...and you certainly didn't find one here either. I'd raise your budget and keep looking for one that isn't so beat up.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12