Placing an Order for a '13 WRX within a couple days... have a few questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Placing an Order for a '13 WRX within a couple days... have a few questions within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I'm looking to order within a couple days (through a buying service) a base model dark gray '13 WRX wagon. ...

Placing an Order for a '13 WRX within a couple days... have a few questions

I'm looking to order within a couple days (through a buying service) a base model dark gray '13 WRX wagon. I was looking at the following options:

Off-Black Center Armrest Extension (K8H)
    Red Interior Illumination Kit (N9B)

Configured MSRP: $26,811
    $246 in options
    Guaranteed USAA Savings : $1,363
    Final Price $25,448 (all inclusive except for tax)

So my questions are, is this a fair price? And are there any other options that I'll kick myself for not adding at time of purchase? As it is, this is about my max budget but if something is worth it I'll get it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What are the $246 in options?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    What are the $246 in options?
    Off-Black Center Armrest Extension (K8H)
    Red Interior Illumination Kit (N9B)

I Support ClubWRX
    The center arm rest is around $100, the red illumination kit costs around $40. So that is $140. My understanding is they are charging you $100 to install both. Both are simple installs if you can do them yourself.

Even without USAA, MSRP should be around $25,000 with options listed.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

The center arm rest is around $100, the red illumination kit costs around $40. So that is $140. My understanding is they are charging you $100 to install both. Both are simple installs if you can do them yourself.

If I go on Subaru's website with the same configuration it comes to a MSRP of $26,755. How do you get $25,000? Thx I appreciate the help I want the best price of course.

Base msrp with no options is 25,795 + destination fee ( 770$ ).

I Support ClubWRX
    Oops. Sorry. I meant to say invoice is around $25000. If you can get closer to invoice pricing that would be great.

Also check out our vendor if you are in the NE.. Maybe he can get you better pricing http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ubwrx-net.html
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Thanks, any other/different options you would recomend at time of purchase?

Only option I ordered on mine was the rear spoiler.
    I added the illumination kit myself afterwards and got the oem all weather floor mats (ebay).
    All other mods I've done are aftermarket because I believe they are a better value.

I Support ClubWRX
    The only option I got was the arm rest extension because I got it at invoice pricing. Most other OEM options like the fog lights,interior illumination kit,I added myself.

An auto dim mirror isnt a bad thing to have if you drive at night a lot. We have it in the XT & it seems like a worthy addition. BTW we got that from Clayton,our car vendor with some other accessories all at invoice pricing.

For most other "mechanical " parts like ^^^ said aftermarket is a lot better.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    The fog lights are worth it. They are a hassle after the fact. I would recommend the SPT boost gauge as well.
    - 2013 Silver WRX Stage 2 Hatch - SPT and Cobb upgrades, Thule Snowboard racks
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
    - 1988 ASC McLaren Mustang

Autodim mirror. I'm a no creature comforts kinda guy but I LOVE my autodim mirrow. And the compass has saved my ass more than a few times.

Hope you enjoy your hatchback =P

I got the auto dimming mirror, fog light kit, trunk spoiler, short throw shifter, and sport performance catback exhaust added to my 2013 base sedan WRX. Fog lights aren't bright enough, so I kind of regret paying extra for those. But I'm extremely happy with everything else, especially the catback exhaust.

What is the armrest extension?

The 2014 wrx is likely to be redesigned. The way I see it, either Subaru will improve the performance and it will be a better buy or they will make it softer and cushier with creature comforts I don't need or care about. (More likely in my view since the wrx is already a best in class performer and the engine will be smaller) in that scenario, it seems like you could get a great deal on a 2013 right around when the 2014 is out.

If you can wait at this point, well, I think I would. That said, I went with the short throw shifter on my 2012.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I would second (third) the call for the dimming mirror. With all the trucks, SUVs and Vans on the road it is a blessing at night, and well worth the money.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast