Hard to find WRXs regionally

This is a discussion on Hard to find WRXs regionally within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I've been doing some lurking here in the purchasing forum trying to get a grasp on what exactly is a ...

Hard to find WRXs regionally

I've been doing some lurking here in the purchasing forum trying to get a grasp on what exactly is a fair price for a '13 WRX in this area. According to TrueCar I should looking at $27K +/- for a base hatch with the options I've specced.

I've contacted nearly every dealer in a 200 mile radius and only two are going to have any WRX's in stock for the foreseeable feature. Some of the dealers didn't think they'd get anymore for the 2013 model year. Both dealers that have shipments coming in will get them in March. One of the dealers isn't very friendly (they've got a bit of a reputation) and the other is a few hours drive away. I've mostly been dealing with the one a few hours away. Specced the same way as True Car they quote me just over $28K before taxes, etc. I've tried most of the negotiating tactics (albiet over the phone) in the purchasing a new car thread with little success. I've got them down $300 from their original price. It seems to boil down to the WRX just being in extreme demand around here. They can't keep them on the lot it seems. If I walk some other sucker will pay sticker for it in a matter of days.

I'd just like a few opinions on the pricing. It seems a little high compared to what some of the other posters on here have managed for the same model. The options I'm looking at are the auto-dimming mirror, all weather mats, cargo tray, fog lights, short throw shifter (the car is coming in with this already on it) and boost gauge (the appease my inner 13 year old). Would it be worth it for me try a few states away? I really don't want to travel that far just to save a couple hundred bucks but a few grand might be worth it.

I'm used to buying older cars out of people's front yard so the whole dealer thing is new to me. I've been reading up and getting decent so far, mostly thanks to some posts around here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your best bet is to place an order. I'm in Philadelphia, PA and have been waiting for a base to show up and have had no luck. I finally ordered one. It takes 6-13 weeks for it to come in.

things are tough here in New Mexico too. Little supply, high demand. Cant even get a couple of the dealers to budge from ~26k even on a special order.

Quote Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
    Your best bet is to place an order. I'm in Philadelphia, PA and have been waiting for a base to show up and have had no luck. I finally ordered one. It takes 6-13 weeks for it to come in.
    Does ordering make the dealer more willing to negotiate on the price? If not that might not be much of an advantage to me as I have at least a couple to chose in next month.

Well, just to update everyone here I went ahead and placed an oder through a Subaru dealership a few towns over. They gave me a nice vibe and were very nice to work with. Delivery estimate is 6-8 weeks from now. Thanks for the input!