Did I pay to much?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Did I pay to much?! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; not too rare, check my sig.......

I Support ClubWRX
    not too rare, check my sig....
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aladeen View Post
    I know I'm a little late to chime in but I'd still like to offer up my two cents.

Did they by chance give you an invoice amount? Even though this is an ordered car it should have a "built as" invoice price. A very good deal on a WRX would be $1,000 under their invoice amount. These cars have massive "holdback" (difference between dealer invoice and cost). Generally a dealer won't special order a car for below invoice but I would push heavilly for it. As for determining fair trade value, use NADA. No dealer uses blue book. Be sure to take in to account what your car sells for locally on craigslist and such.

Sorry for the long and late post, hopefully it helps. Btw, I'm a car salesman so anyone here should feel free to ask away if you have any questions about buying a car and not getting taken advantage of.
    Sorry no offense but you either are not really a car salesman or are not very knowledgeable about selling subarus. A lot of what you said just does not make sense to me. Massive holdback? Its like 400 something dollars on the WRX. Dealers (at least in my region) do not use NADA except for booking out cars for financing, and special ordering a WRX would be more likely to get under invoice as they are in short supply on dealer's lots. Also a very good deal on a WRX would be invoice for most regions. Anyone reading your post saying 1k under invoice is a good price is going to be sorely dissapointed, particularly guys on the west coast where these cars sell for msrp pretty routinely. I sell them for 500 under invoice and that is widely regarded as the best deal available almost anywhere. People ask me for price advice all the time and I can say with certainty that less than 1% of WRX's would be sold for 1000 under invoice, that's pretty much net on these cars.
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 02-09-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Sorry no offense but you either are not really a car salesman or are not very knowledgeable about selling subarus. A lot of what you said just does not make sense to me. Massive holdback? Its like 400 something dollars on the WRX. Dealers (at least in my region) do not use NADA except for booking out cars for financing, and special ordering a WRX would be more likely to get under invoice as they are in short supply on dealer's lots. Also a very good deal on a WRX would be invoice for most regions. Anyone reading your post saying 1k under invoice is a good price is going to be sorely dissapointed, particularly guys on the west coast where these cars sell for msrp pretty routinely. I sell them for 500 under invoice and that is widely regarded as the best deal available almost anywhere. People ask me for price advice all the time and I can say with certainty that less than 1% of WRX's would be sold for 1000 under invoice, that's pretty much net on these cars.
    I agree. I'm not sure what dealership that user works at but in my region these cars are in such short supply currently it would be difficult to get at 1000 below invoice. They have been routinely going for MSRP.

I Support ClubWRX
    What is the "invoice" price of a Wrx. Base, premium, or limited? Or where do I find the numbers at.

I Support ClubWRX
    WRXpower,
    exact invoice depends on your region but only varies a few hundred by location. Its around 25,500 for a base, 28 for a premium and 29 for a limited (those include destination) but could be 300 more or less depending where you're shopping. The only place to get the exact number is your local dealer. Unlike your local dealer, I have no incentive to BS you guys and I can tell you that almost without fail, those car buying websites will not give you the exact invoice and are almost always lower than the actual invoice that the dealer has. Truecar is the closest in my experience and edmunds is the worst (DO NOT put your info into truecar or any of those sites though or you'll end up paying more money for your car since the dealer has to pay truecar a lot for the lead) The problem with these car buying websites in general is that they are commercial entities that sell leads to dealers, and they have a vested interest in putting up the lowest price possible whether or not it's completely accurate, and unfortunately they don't have to deal with the repercussions. People just want the lowest price so they will use the site with the lowest posted invoice price, thus getting that company more leads, making them more money. Poor souls like me then have the job of convincing you that the car dealer is telling them the truth over a "trusted resource" which as you can imagine is not easy.
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 02-18-2013 at 04:15 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    WRXpower,
    exact invoice depends on your region but only varies a few hundred by location. Its around 25,500 for a base, 28 for a premium and 29 for a limited (those include destination) but could be 300 more or less depending where you're shopping. The only place to get the exact number is your local dealer. Unlike your local dealer, I have no incentive to BS you guys and I can tell you that almost without fail, those car buying websites will not give you the exact invoice and are almost always lower than the actual invoice that the dealer has. Truecar is the closest in my experience and edmunds is the worst (DO NOT put your info into truecar though or you'll end up paying more money for your car since the dealer has to pay truecar a lot for the lead) The problem with these car buying websites in general is that they are commercial entities that sell leads to dealers, and they have a vested interest in putting up the lowest price possible whether or not it's accurate, and unfortunately they don't have to deal with the repercussions. People just want the lowest price so they will use the site with the lowest posted invoice price, thus getting that company more leads, making them more money. Poor souls like me then have the job of convincing you that the car dealer is telling them the truth over a "trusted resource" which as you can imagine is not easy.
    Thanks a lot for the info. Those were the numbers that I have seen before +/- couple hundred dollars. Makes me feel better on the deal I got for my Wrx.

Red face

WRXpower,
    exact invoice depends on your region but only varies a few hundred by location. Its around 25,500 for a base, 28 for a premium and 29 for a limited (those include destination) but could be 300 more or less depending where you're shopping. The only place to get the exact number is your local dealer. Unlike your local dealer, I have no incentive to BS you guys and I can tell you that almost without fail, those car buying websites will not give you the exact invoice and are almost always lower than the actual invoice that the dealer has. Truecar is the closest in my experience and edmunds is the worst (DO NOT put your info into truecar or any of those sites though or you'll end up paying more money for your car since the dealer has to pay truecar a lot for the lead) The problem with these car buying websites in general is that they are commercial entities that sell leads to dealers, and they have a vested interest in putting up the lowest price possible whether or not it's completely accurate, and unfortunately they don't have to deal with the repercussions. People just want the lowest price so they will use the site with the lowest posted invoice price, thus getting that company more leads, making them more money. Poor souls like me then have the job of convincing you that the car dealer is telling them the truth over a "trusted resource" which as you can imagine is not easy.
    Hi rexxx,

Im a new car buyer and I just wanted to ask, im planning to finance a 2013 swp hatch wrx limited for 5yrs. I check the invoice for it on kbb and nada with options: exhaust finisher, vortex gen, side molding, security shock, all weath mats, illuminator lights int., back seat cup holder, auto dims rear mirror with comp, rear cargo neat, cargo tray, and wheal locks. This all comes out to $ 29,259 before tax and fees. I am also in the tristate area, willing to shop any where in nj, boston, up to phili and i am planning to order. So my questions are..:

when is the cut of date to order?
    Do i put down a down payment when i receive the car or when i finish negotiating with a dealer before he orders?($8,000 down)
    how can i get the best and lowest price (i know dealers have to make money as well but i dont want to get ripped off)?
    how much would taxes and fees be in NJ (i really dont want to buy it in the tristate)?
    and Can i pay more for the monthly then regularly stated (example. $500/mo but i pay $600/mo)?
    honestly, i dont care about the wait, its just mostly finance/money questions.

im turning 25 by oct and graduating as a nursing student by dec 2013 (no boasting intended) so paying for it is not an issue. thanks for the help i really appreciate it and again, really sorry for this many question. I am a newb at car buyer and a newb for WRX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12