Is a WRX right for me? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Is a WRX right for me? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; After buying a subaru WRX that was unmolested and had all it's maintenance done it still will not give you ...

After buying a subaru WRX that was unmolested and had all it's maintenance done it still will not give you an idea of how it was driven. Trust me when I say this, if you are in school and you will squeak by barely, it's not worth it. Something almost always breaks, mine was and still is a giant money pit. I had to spend almost $5000 to get it rebuilt and still am hating myself for it. Trust me when I say this, wait till you get out of school and then get a WRX. These things have great reputation and are decent build quality, but 90% of the WRX and STI's out there are not going to get you guaranteed longevity as say a civic or something that is more durable. Almost all the Subies that are WRX or STI are gonna be beaten on. I assure you, something will pop up that would submerge you and send your finances into the ground.

In regards to the practicality, they are more practical than say a 2 door mustang or an Infiniti coupe. Mine is slightly economical with a practical approach of having four doors and big storage back for the trunk, other than that not much is economical about it. After having mine for almost a year I can say this much, everyday I get into it and start it up, yes the car does make me happy but it also ticks me off when something goes wrong in it. Maintenance for the most is in par with almost any other guy, just a turbo charged engine is more prevalent to breaking due to well the turbo. You're best bet is wait till you graduate and then get one. Just my two cents.

Note to Ray: Sorry about that Ray. Typed this half asleep the other night. My bad.
    Last edited by InsaneManiac; 02-09-2013 at 02:29 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    All I had to own was a 30 pack of Keystone...and that netted me much of that college ass too
    smooth, like Keith Stone. He is my role model.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    All I had to own was a 30 pack of Keystone...and that netted me much of that college ass too
    Srsly. Since when did anyone need anything besides ownage of functional genitalia to get ass in college??
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball
    Srsly. Since when did anyone need anything besides ownage of functional genitalia to get ass in college??
    Freed needed chloroform or gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid, but he's "special" like that...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    For the community college girls around me if pretty sure ya dont even need that...

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Freed needed chloroform or gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid, but he's "special" like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    For the community college girls around me if pretty sure ya dont even need that...
    - Will

Not bad..if you said BOV, intake or turbo timer, coilovers or airbags i wouldve told you to get a VW. But so far ya dont seem like an idiot so i think youll be happy with a WRX. If buying used there are good threads full of info on what to look for when buying. Goodluck!
    Guess that makes me one of the idiots on the board.... The intake, BOV and axle back were the first things I've purchased. I haven't installed the intake yet as I don't have an accessport, but I like the sound of the BOV and exhaust, neither of which increased performance. I will eventually go to stage 2 on it, but for now I'm just ricing.

Re: Is a WRX right for me?

You could redeem yourself by saying you drink better beer than Keystone. Ew....

Quote Originally Posted by Dobus View Post

Mikie has grown up in the years since college, he drinks microbrews now. Except for that one time at the cheesesteak meet...
    - Will

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post

Mikie has grown up in the years since college, he drinks microbrews now. Except for that one time at the cheesesteak meet...
    haha my beer taste has grown alot thanks to yall. less than a year ago i was slammin down PBR pounders and Keystones. sshhhhhh we were supposed to tell anyone about that lol

haha my beer taste has grown alot thanks to yall. less than a year ago i was slammin down PBR pounders and Keystones. sshhhhhh we were supposed to tell anyone about that lol
    And what's wrong with that? A few cheap beers now and then make you appreciate the good stuff that much more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dobus View Post
    For $13.99 a 30 rack? You can't get much better than that. 7 years ago back in college at least...

Considering I've spent $130 on 3 cases of Nugget Nectar in the last 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Mikie13; 02-08-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    Considering I've spent $130 on 3 cases of Nugget Nectar in the last 2 weeks.
    $60/case for me
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123