What? Is Jan/Feb the month the dealers get loaded with WRX's?

This is a discussion on What? Is Jan/Feb the month the dealers get loaded with WRX's? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Man i spent months shopping around for my new WRX that i just bought a couple of weeks ago! They ...

What? Is Jan/Feb the month the dealers get loaded with WRX's?

Man i spent months shopping around for my new WRX that i just bought a couple of weeks ago! They were very hard to find and most of the dealers even said they only get 1 or 2 in stock and they fly off the show room floor. And as they said they did fly off the show room around here! So when i got my WRX i had to drive like an hour and a half to get it. So any way just for the heck of it i searched all the dealers with in 30 miles of me and guess what!!! Yep they all have a bunch in stock or in Transit. And i mean like 5 or 6 in Stock too!! LOL.. oh well i got my car and im super happy and love the color so it all worked out. But is this the time of year they get tons in stock or is this just a fluke or what??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Mastro Subaru has about 20 in stock. And a couple BRZs.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Ya but thats in FL.. Up here in the North East they are hard to get.. And when i was shopping for one they where hard to find.

Re: What? Is Jan/Feb the month the dealers get loaded with WRX's?

I was at the dealer last week getting a service (competition Subaru) they had probably 10 wrx/sti's. one of them was a blue sedan with the vortex generators, so I'm sure that one was either ordered or at least sold and the customer added it on. But I know just a few months ago any wrx was hard to come by and it looked like a wrx club meeting at the dealership!

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Tampa is the city of dreams

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    Tampa is the city of dreams
    Ya the city of im dreaming of moving there right now to get the heck away from this cold weather up here in the North East!..LOL

Think about it...all the prelim orders are finally being delivered...so now dealers will actually get a little bit of stock since orders are also slowing down. Rocket Surgery? Methinks not.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Think about it...all the prelim orders are finally being delivered...so now dealers will actually get a little bit of stock since orders are also slowing down. Rocket Surgery? Methinks not.
    UM? Rocket Surgery? You almost sounded smart....LOL

That was the joke
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Looks like there's some geographical variation. A quick look at Autotrader showed a grand total of one WRX in the Minneapolis area.

ya im guessing they are in more demand where its colder.. Especially for folks who are into fast cars for DD but RWD isn't pratical..

Yeah it's crazy, I got my car in Sep last year and they where extremely hard to find. Almost every dealer I went to out here in California only had 1 or 2 on hand and if I wanted it I had better make a move as the cars seemed to sell by the very next day. Fast forward to now and every dealer in my area has like 10-12 WRX's in stock. One dealer even told me back in Sept that the '13 model year was going to be brief and that they had already recieved their allocation for the entire year.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

At least here in New Mexico I saw 3 pop up in stock yesterday. I took the day off today to go for a test drive. Called up the dealership and they have already been sold. A few places have STi's and base sedans but not a single hatchback in the state from what I can tell. Ugh.