Found 08 WRX to test drive/buy.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Found 08 WRX to test drive/buy. within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Found an 08 WRX, manufactured before 8/2007 (date arrived at original dealer). Mileage 20,000, price ,999. Obv going to try ...

Found 08 WRX to test drive/buy.

Found an 08 WRX, manufactured before 8/2007 (date arrived at original dealer). Mileage 20,000, price $16,999. Obv going to try and get a lower price, but doesn't that seem a bit low already? Clear title/car fax. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That does seem low at least it would be here in wisconsin i just traded in an 08
    and got $16,000 on trade in and i had 58,758 miles on it....
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

Worth a shot. Got an 07 Impreza 2.5i willing to trade with 90k miles on it. Hassan promises a good deal. LOL We shall see.

id say thats a great deal if its clean and never wrecked. good shape. but just know what your getting in an 08 wrx. its sort of the black sheep of the 08-13 cars. some might disagree.

it came with a small td04 turbo, so it spools pretty quick and makes massive low rpm torque but wont make much overall hp. probably about 230whp at stage 2. on a good day lol. and the suspension is about as plush as a camry, and handles about as well. its gonna do the gangsta lean through the corners, you've been warned! lol

but on the other side of the coin, a small turbo(td04) and soft suspension make for a nice upgrade platform. so if your thinking your going to be doing suspension and turbo upgrades anyways. not a bad car to start with. esp for that price. ive seen wrx's only 2 years newer going for 8k more than that with double the miles
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 01-11-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Wife has the 2.5i impreza, she likes the suspension. I'm in an 07 Leggy GT, so I'm used to a soft suspension. Test drive in an hour... Thanks for all the info.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpydingo View Post
    Wife has the 2.5i impreza, she likes the suspension. I'm in an 07 Leggy GT, so I'm used to a soft suspension. Test drive in an hour... Thanks for all the info.
    ya def check it out. if your not really into the modding thing and like soft suspension then the 08 is your gem. i just asssumed being your looking for a wrx you were planning some mods thats why i mentioned what i did. but they are good commuter cars for sure. quick spool and plenty of torque will make it a lot of fun and easy to drive around town! GL and let us know what happens. dont forget the pics!!!!

Drove the 08, not my cup of tea. I loved driving my moms 05 Wagon WRX that's a stick after I helped her buy it. But for some reason this 08 I'm on top of the sterring wheel so I can push the clutch to the floor. Tried moving the seats and nothing helped. Passed on it. Test drove a Lancer Evo GSR, that was A LOT OF CAR. Fun to drive, but no way in stop and go traffic/daily driver.

Don't flame too much. Ended up with a 2011 Lancer Ralliart with touring package with 23k miles. Interior far better than my Legacy and the car is quick, gives mine a run for it's money. Spent 5 1/2 hours haggling with the dealership and walked away at one point to test the WRX, I could tell they weren't happy to have me walk out the door. Obv I came back and haggled some more. Wife likes the car, I'm more than happy with it.

Thanks again for the help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.