New WRX Hopefully Coming Home, Need Help With Pricing!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New WRX Hopefully Coming Home, Need Help With Pricing! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey Guys, I found a 2013 WRX Hatchback in Black that I am absolutely in love with. The car is ...

New WRX Hopefully Coming Home, Need Help With Pricing!

Hey Guys,
    I found a 2013 WRX Hatchback in Black that I am absolutely in love with.
    The car is a base model with:
    All-Weather Mats
    Blue interior illumination kit
    Auto-dimming mirror w/compass and homelink
    Black cargo tray
    SPT Performance Exhaust

My question is, the dealer's MSRP is $28,168... What do you guys think that I could get them down to with a fog light kit thrown in? Ideally I'd like $26,000 out the door but I'm not sure if that would be possible. Let me know what you guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: New WRX Hopefully Coming Home, Need Help With Pricing!

Have you read the "how to buy a new car thread" on this forum? It's in the sales section, or w/e its called. Everything he says to do is great advice.

My mom used to be a car salesperson when I was a kid and she says that often times you haggle down to 20% below msrp, and almost always 10% below. The trick is to not be eager and convince the seller that you are uninterested. Of course that was back in the 90's when she was selling cars so things may have changed.

Just remember, don't buy the car, make them sell you the car. Also I would bring someone with you to keep you grounded. It never hurts to have some support and a possible second opinion.

Sorry if that was wordy, it's late and work is boring!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Re: New WRX Hopefully Coming Home, Need Help With Pricing!

Moderators, plz delete my repeat posts! I guess my phone freaked and reposted. Can't figure out how to delete them on Tapatalk. Again, my apologies! :facepalm:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

i was a salesman for a long time, just my opinion, take it for what its worth, as OTD pricing really depends on your local taxes and such.

but based on the car you stated, with an msrp of $28,168. id say 26k OTD is unreasonable. not out of the question, but probably very very hard to get a dealer to agree to this price. by all means shoot for it, and try. but assuming even a low 6% tax rate, thats $1700 in tax alone. plus whatever dmv and licensing fees your state charges. just assuming thats an industry low of $300. thats 2k extra on top of msrp.
    meaning to get 26k otd. they have to sell you the car(before taxes and fees) for 24k. thats about $4000 off of msrp

subaru doesnt have as many rebates as say ford or chevy. so theres no factory incentives for them to recoupe the difference
    most sub 30k cars have about $2500 or less front end profit built into the msrp. (not including any dealer holdback or kickbacks)
    what all this means is, i highly doubt they are willing to lose around $1500 to sell you the car for 26k OTD.

depending on taxes and fees, and how willing your dealer is to deal, id say 27-28k is probably a more reasonable price. but ive seen claims(and just claims) of ppl getting otd pricing that is in line with that your asking for. but i have never personally witnessed this on a subaru.

now if your state has a limit on tax. say like in South Carolina tax on a car cant exceed $300. so that'll save you money if thats the case.
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 01-08-2013 at 01:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.