Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used! - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; If i entertain some out of state prices like a dealer i found 400 miles away has 37 WRX's in ...

If i entertain some out of state prices like a dealer i found 400 miles away has 37 WRX's in stock!!! Crazy right! How low can they possibly go in price? Whats the bear minimum?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    If i entertain some out of state prices like a dealer i found 400 miles away has 37 WRX's in stock!!! Crazy right! How low can they possibly go in price? Whats the bear minimum?
    the minimum a bear is willing to do. LOL. eat, **** and sleep.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

It isn't that difficult really. It is not on any other website for sale. But I'm willing to entertain offers that are legit. It does not matter to me whether I don't get any offers. We all have a price that anyone would be willing to sell or pay. The people that would willing to give 24k for my ride are either stupid, dumb, or desperate. Unless u are one of those people then u are wise to stay away.
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

I Support ClubWRX

Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used!

Ah, I see, ok thanks for clarifying.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

To the OP:

It seems to me that you, although you say you really want a wrx, are really considering that a MS3 might be your car. All the basic info you've requested is in this thread, including suggestions of who/where to shop either close/far from you, some lower prices that others have gotten, etc etc.

If it is simply a matter of deciding which car you like better, then I'm sorry but really the only person who can decide that for you is you. I would highly recommend finding one of each to test drive. I'm guessing you're up in the Poconos somewhere? Well, you will probably have to take a little road trip to find cars for a test drive. So again, you have to decide if that hassle is worth it to you.

If you have specific financial concerns, or you need to buy a car as soon as possible, then I think you've already made your choice and you're just trying to justify it against the car you originally really wanted. The only advice I'll give you besides "this is a decision only you can make" is this:

7 years ago I was in a similar position (I say similar because I don't think I have a clear understanding from this thread just exactly what your situation is and why you are looking for a new car). I really liked WRX's, but they were a bit out of my price range. So I found a different car that met my needs and convinced myself it was a good decision. I really liked that car for 4-5 years. Now I own a wrx, and I shopped around and ordered it in order to get the price and car I wanted. I waited for a number of weeks, I found other ways to get to work for a week and a half after I sold my car, but was prepared to either trade-in or walk away if I couldn't sell mine and the money didn't work out.

Moral of this long ass story is: We don't know what your situation is, financially and otherwise, from this thread (unless I completely missed something). Only you can decide what will work for you. If you can only afford the MS3, then you will have a car that is definitely a good/fun car (but for gods sake get winter rubber the day you buy it). If you could afford either, and other concerns are what may be keeping you from the WRX, well, you have to decide how badly you want one.

Ok, I think that's enough procrastination from work.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

^ I really appreciate the advise from you and others on here! The truth is a really want the WRX over any other car! The performance and the AWD are everything i need! BUT I purchased a Ford Focus ST a couple months ago and now decided it wasnt for me! Not cause its FWD cause it actually performs really well but its not my style and i dont know how to explain it im just not feeling the car! So now trying to trade it in im going to take a huge hit almost to the point where i might be stuck with the car if it dosent sell... With that being said ive called so many WRX dealers its not even funny and the best any of them could do is just a hair under 26k out the door for the WRX. The problem is they only want to give me ive heard from 18.5k to 20k for my car on a trade and i still owe 23.8k so i would have to tac on that huge chunk of money on to the new WRX so my payments would go from 363 a month to 500 a month. In the mean time i saw a 2013 MS3 in a parking lot and i thought it was really nice so i called around on them and found i can come close to making it work. It would bump my payments up to around 390 but thats not to bad and from everything i read despite all the hype the new Focus ST got the MS3 out performs it in the 1/4 and has a huge aftermarket and i like the looks better! So unless i sell my car on my own there is no way i can afford the WRX.. I am going to give it some time to sell but i can only sit on the car so long before my beater cavalier with 150k miles gives out! And i hate driving my beater car around so i dont tac on miles to the ST till it sells because i like having that cavalier as a spear car! Its just a crappy situation. Heck i can get a really good deal on a new 2013 ford mustang v6 they actually have them marked down to 19k right now! But i dont see it as being practical in the winter and with kids.. with the MS3 at least its FWD which is pretty good in the winter with snows and its practical 4 doors and its got great performance saw some vids of the MS3 doing 12.5 in the 1/4 with drag radials and bolt ons. So that where im at and now maybe you can understand my situation better.

I've driven both 2012 and 2013 MS3's. They didn't feel quick to me, even in 3rd gear where boost isnt limited. I know they're fast from a roll. But I like the pull in 1st and 2nd gear in the wrx more and that's what I use the most during city driving. MS3 has mild torque steer. MS3 has nicer amenities/options BUT the exterior smiley front face is something I just couldnt get over. The wrx looks much better from every angle. That coupled with the "feeling" to the butt dyno that the ms3 felt slower than the wrx.

Also I feel the ms3 is going to be similar to your ST being a FWD layout. I'd either keep the ST or try to go for the wrx. You may regret the ms3.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Have you driven a MS3? We own a 2008, which is the older body style. I greatly prefer the exterior looks and interior quality of the 2007-2009 MS3 to the 2010+, but the gearing of the 2010+ MS3 is attractive (taller gear ratios). Our MS3 is a premium, and as such it comes with alcantara-wrapped seats, Navigation (which shrunk exponentially in following years), HID projectors, and Bose sound. Like I said... in EVERY way the MS3 is a better car, but I find myself at home in the Bugeye.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.