Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; when i went to my dealer, they flat out refused to budge on the price. they had 2 WRX and ...

when i went to my dealer, they flat out refused to budge on the price. they had 2 WRX and 2 STi's on the lot.. all were 2012's.

WRX Premium Hatch (which i bought) $29,188
    WRX Base Hatch $25xxx
    STi Base Sedan $37xxx IIRC they had a dealer mark up on it
    STi Limited $38xxx also had a hefty mark up...

**going of memory here. but they would NOT budge even though I'd just got a car from them a month earlier. i have 4 Subie Dealers in my area and checked their inventories... unobtanium on sedan's... only Hatch backs.. and i wanted either a premium or limited, not a base.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bought my 2013 5 Door CBS Premium for 27K even before Tax Title and Fees. I just played one dealer against the other until they wouldn't go any lower. Only option mine came with was the armrest extension which was free. The dealers will go lower you just have to be stern and ready to walk away, but you may have to order to get the price you want. The dealers pay fees for the cars on the lot but ordered cars are sold right away and don't have a holding fee so they are more open to making a deal on one.

These cars are worth EVERY penny. They are long lasting and reliable, which is why they hold their value for so long. I bought my 2004 WRX for $8,500 with 100k miles in great condition. More than I wanted to pay for an '04 but so glad I did. Ye' Old saying... You get what you pay for

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNBG View Post
    These cars are worth EVERY penny. They are long lasting and reliable, which is why they hold their value for so long. I bought my 2004 WRX for $8,500 with 100k miles in great condition. More than I wanted to pay for an '04 but so glad I did. Ye' Old saying... You get what you pay for
    they are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

in my area, these don't last long on the lots. i checked. hence, no 1.9% financing on the Rex's or STi's... i had to suck it up do 2.9%. OMG! FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS! LOL

but seriously, i can only imagine what the special editions are going to be marked for. i remember when i bought my Magnum R/T, used.. a 05 in 07. they a 07 SRT Challenger in the show room with a $10k dealer mark up. i went back a few days later to pick up my NAV DVD and it was gone.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

I test drove a Mazdaspeed 3 before the WRX. It actually felt quite a bit slower in comparison to the WRX. I've heard that boost is limited in the MS3 in lower gears, it could be closer at higher speeds.

The Mazdaspeed 3 definitely handled well and had great steering feel compared to the WRX, but the cabin was cramped and I much prefer the Subaru's clever AWD design to the MS3's FWD.

I got a final price somewhere between $22k and $23k if I recall correctly, after tax and license. While it was a good price, I felt that the WRX was more than $4k better after driving both, and I still think that was the right call. I placed my order soon after that.

It started snowing recently and with new winter tires the WRX has been incredible in the snow and ice.

Ya im trying to do my best and wait for a good price. Before i buy i have to wait till my car sells. But once it sells i will contact my local dealers first and see what kind of price they can get me if i order! If its not good then i will try clayton. The MS3's are being sold for 21k and some change brand new!!! Its really tempting! I know AWD is king but FWD is pretty good in the winter with snow tires on...As far as the MS3 feeling slower i heard from MS3's owners that said the WRX felt alot slower to them..LOL its kind of like a he said she said my cars faster thing..LOL. It sucks for me to test drive them because the is neither in stock anywhere near me! These are probably the hardest cars ive ever had to shop for and to be honest its starting to where me down and get discouraged. plus the fact that my dam car isnt selling yet!

I'm willing to sell my WRX 2012 base - ALL STOCK! It has 13K miles for $24K.
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    As far as the MS3 feeling slower i heard from MS3's owners that said the WRX felt alot slower to them
    I own both. Stock for stock, the MS3 is faster from a roll. It also has considerably more torque than a VF52 2.5L WRX.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2012WRX View Post
    Ya but the new ones go for a little over 25k. Do you owe anything on it?

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I own both. Stock for stock, the MS3 is faster from a roll. It also has considerably more torque than a VF52 2.5L WRX.
    Since you own both what would be the better car for me to buy? Quick run down.. I like both WRX is more money but i like the AWD but the MS3 is more in my price range especially if my car doesn't sell and i have to trade it! It snows here in the winter all the time and i live on top of a mountain but FWD could be good with snow tires on but AWD would obviously be better. And yea performance is a big deal for me so the faster car would have my attention more! I know thats alot of mumbo jumbo to blurt out on my part but im really trying to fine tune my decision.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    Since you own both what would be the better car for me to buy? Quick run down.. I like both WRX is more money but i like the AWD but the MS3 is more in my price range especially if my car doesn't sell and i have to trade it! It snows here in the winter all the time and i live on top of a mountain but FWD could be good with snow tires on but AWD would obviously be better. And yea performance is a big deal for me so the faster car would have my attention more! I know thats alot of mumbo jumbo to blurt out on my part but im really trying to fine tune my decision.
    Faster is one thing. Personal preference is another. In anything but a straight line, the MS3 is quicker than my WRX (the 2.0L variety). That being said, I love my Bugeye. IMO they don't make cars like the bugeyes any longer. The newer WRXs have also lost some of that feel, so it's likely the WRX and MS3 are on the same level in this regard. My only suggestion is that you drive both and decide which you like better.

Facebook me here

My car is not for sale but would be willing to listen to any offers but not go down below that much.

Understand I live in NORCAL so WRX goes premium here especially to the local peeps. But I want STI 2014 or 2015 model. That's where I want to go!!!!
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    That being said, I love my Bugeye. IMO they don't make cars like the bugeyes any longer.
    Agreed. We're being snobs, I suppose...but it feels like they were the last of the "raw" cars. I guess we should be fair and say that the blobbies were nearly as good.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm completely confused. This:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2012WRX
    is followed by this:
    My car is not for sale but would be willing to listen to any offers but not go down below that much.
    If the car is not for sale why are you willing to listen to offers?

Understand I live in NORCAL so WRX goes premium here especially to the local peeps.
    The price is better for out-of-towners?

Taken together these statements say that the car is not for sale, however you are willing to entertain offers near the sale price, and that people near you will pay more than people coming in from out of state. Sorry, I don't follow. If the car is for sale, please feel free to post a for-sale thread in the vehicle sales forum though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax

Re: Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Agreed. We're being snobs, I suppose...but it feels like they were the last of the "raw" cars. I guess we should be fair and say that the blobbies were nearly as good.
    I agree absolutely.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Facebook me here

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast