Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by EJ257 How much would it cost to get your WRX up here? You could probably drive it ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    How much would it cost to get your WRX up here? You could probably drive it here and fly home for less than $1500. You certainly have a place to stay while you broker the deal...
    Shipping would be a cheaper, more realistic option for me honestly. I could probably ship from here for ~500.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews
    Shipping would be a cheaper, more realistic option for me honestly. I could probably ship from here for ~500.
    You're in a market where AWD isn't a selling point...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You're in a market where AWD isn't a selling point...
    I know.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Re: Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used!

I was in your same situation. Couldn't even locate a 5 door limited anywhere in the NE. I realized Florida was littered with them, so I decided to buy one down there. I bought a one way plane ticket for $125 from Allentown to Orlando. The dealer picked me up at the airport and drive me back to the dealership. We did the paperwork in about 30 minutes and I was on my way.

The issue for me was that I had no interest in an 18 hour drive, or putting 1200 miles on my car in 3 days. I found out that the Amtrak auto train runs from Orlando to Alexandria, Virginia. Cost $300 for my car and myself to take the trip. Dinner and breakfast included. I got to sleep, and saved 900 miles and $100 in gas. Got into Alexandria, and drove 3.5 hours back home to Allentown.

It was a great experience and I got the car I wanted at a decent price too. Less than $500 in travel expenses, and a day and a half of my time. It's worth it if you really want a certain car.

Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used!

Contact Clayton @ Ramsey Subaru in NJ. Well worth the trip and time. Call/email him. He is a member here.

I dealt with him via phone and email. Then when all was good, drive 2hrs to meet him. Ordered and viola! You won't regret it.

Sent from my Mobile Phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CaQuin; 01-01-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Here ya go....

ITS OFFICIAL! CLUBWRX NEW CAR BUYING PROGRAM FOR ALL MEMBERS OF CLUBWRX.NET!

I'd also reccomend buying from a dealer willing to work with you and eating the cost of a one way ticket. I have a dealership two miles from my house, but they wouldn't get me the price I wanted and were not being helpful (even though I'd purchased my previous two outbacks from them) so I paid 50 bucks for a train ticket to Baltimore and paid 24,500 out the door for a brand new base model sedan the day it came off the truck. It also gave me a nice 5 hours of driving to start enjoying my new car right away (and to start chipping away at the break in miles)

Good luck with your purchase

Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    Sounds awsome and i will deff look into it! But i did look at there inventory a couple times and i think i even called them awhile back. But they dont even have any in stock. I would have to order and end up waiting awhile for it to come in.

Yea I ordered mine. It was well worth the wait though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    Sounds awsome and i will deff look into it! But i did look at there inventory a couple times and i think i even called them awhile back. But they dont even have any in stock. I would have to order and end up waiting awhile for it to come in.
    Call Clayton. Not the dealership. Or send him a PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

oh that pesky Capitalism...
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

If you can wait your best bet is to order, I ordered mine and got it for invoice pricing. I am also in the northeast, I went to the largest dealer in my area and wait time was 8 weeks. The dealers wanna sell the cars they just wanna try to get the best price for the since they are in high demand. Best thing to do is email the dealers and ask for the bottom price on the car you want, then take the lowest price and go back to the other dealers to beat it. If these dealers know your shopping around they will try to beat others pricing, let them know that you know what invoice cost is and you won't pay over that. That's what I did and got a deal I can live with, the wait sucked but now that's its here it was well worth it.

Subscribed...

Dude, I live in northern MD....come down to Jones Subaru in Bel Air, MD. I placed an order for a base WRX hatch with no options on 12/17/12 for 25,300.00, which is the true-car guaranteed price. You can get these cars for a good price if you are willing to place an order and wait 2-3 months.

IMO, that is a great price for the amount of car you get, and is a significant step up from my civic SI.

Got mine for 25,500 in Hagerstown MD. They have a couple base models in stock as we speak. A gray and a plasma blue iirc. When comparing the only other awd turbo car on the market in performance Japanese makes, only the evo and wr's/sti. Evo is quite a bit more expensive than the Subaru models and you don't see too many on the road for a reason. Reliability and price/resale value. Tons of lancers though, blah. WRX FTW don't think twice.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast