Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; If you are in the snow belt and want AWD nothing else will do, even though FWD is closer than ...

I Support ClubWRX

Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used!

If you are in the snow belt and want AWD nothing else will do, even though FWD is closer than RWD to your goals (winter mobility).

The Subarus are competent cars. If you want a WRX, do not let my cynicism stop you. I'm guilty of buying one and enjoying it for a decade myself! Just be very picky with money. You should keep as much as possible. Shop, shop, shop.

An east coast dealer with whom many have been pleased, and who has been contributing to threads on the site, is also a vendor. Consider the WRX buyer thread, maybe he can beat the competition.

Buy the seller not just the car. Insist on great service and professionalism. Good luck.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    How is the performance compaired to the MS3 are they both fast?
    I can't answer that because I don't know much about it. I've owned or had company cars my whole life that were almost exclusively FWD hot hatches. As excellent as some of them were, I wasn't in the market for another. And Mazda has never done anything for me. Although I could see an MX5 being a blast if it had considerably more power. A friend of mine had a Caterham 7 for a while and that was a proper drivers' car. If the MX5 had that kind of power-to-weight ratio.... But I digress.

Yeah, if I was in your position with having to drive in snow often and I could afford a WRX without making life difficult, 2WD wouldn't even make the short list for me. There are some things I really dislike about the WRX, but in certain conditions they become unimportant compared to the benefit of AWD. A few days ago I had my first opportunity - in the six months I've owned the car - to drive on wet roads. It was incredibly satisfying to be able to plant my right foot and leave everyone else without AWD behind

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    I can't answer that because I don't know much about it. I've owned or had company cars my whole life that were almost exclusively FWD hot hatches. As excellent as some of them were, I wasn't in the market for another. And Mazda has never done anything for me. Although I could see an MX5 being a blast if it had considerably more power. A friend of mine had a Caterham 7 for a while and that was a proper drivers' car. If the MX5 had that kind of power-to-weight ratio.... But I digress.

Yeah, if I was in your position with having to drive in snow often and I could afford a WRX without making life difficult, 2WD wouldn't even make the short list for me. There are some things I really dislike about the WRX, but in certain conditions they become unimportant compared to the benefit of AWD. A few days ago I had my first opportunity - in the six months I've owned the car - to drive on wet roads. It was incredibly satisfying to be able to plant my right foot and leave everyone else without AWD behind
    Ya that would be great. AWD is deff the best option for me especially living on top of a Mountain!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: Why do wrx's cost so much? esp Used!

Don't be one of those people that assumes AWD is a save-all.

Beamed at your face at approx. 186,000 miles per second via DROID BIONIC
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Well what i want is the WRX..LOL The AWD would be perfect for where i live. How is the performance compaired to the MS3 are they both fast?
    You won't care about a few grand difference in purchase price 5-10 years from now, but you will likely regret not getting the car you really wanted. I wouldn't even consider a wrong-wheel drive (fwd) car when shopping for a sporty car. The WRX is actually cheap for what it offers, what other car can you get with AWD, turbo and the practicality of a WRX for $25-26k? Performance wise the WRX will win a 0-60 and 1/4 mile race and they will be very close from a roll. The MS3 pulls good numbers in the slalom and skidpad, but FWD can't put the power down as effectively out of a corner as AWD and in inclement weather AWD wins every time.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Don't be one of those people that assumes AWD is a save-all.

Beamed at your face at approx. 186,000 miles per second via DROID BIONIC
    No, I wouldn't assume that it would be effortless cruising through snow, but it's got to be better than 2WD.
    Last edited by Soobvirgin; 12-31-2012 at 08:07 PM.

No, I wouldn't assume that it would be effortless cruising through snow, but it's got to be better than 2WD.
    Coming from an old cavalier z24 (front wheel drive). The new 2013 wrx with winter tires absolutley is effortless driving through the snow. It honestly feels like a tank.
    My biggest and really only complaint so far though is, the interior already squeaks and rattles as if the car was 10 years old.....

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Look out of state. The dealership I get parts from has about 10 WRX/STIs on the lot. People in FL are having a very hard time selling their WRX/STIs. Ask me how I know. I have my 06 listed for 13,500 and have barely had any bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Look out of state. The dealership I get parts from has about 10 WRX/STIs on the lot. People in FL are having a very hard time selling their WRX/STIs. Ask me how I know. I have my 06 listed for 13,500 and have barely had any bites.
    I have been looking at other states near buy but not as far as Florida. If i went that far it would cost a easy 1k to ship and it would be hard to look at the car as well.. But i will keep that in mind for sure. Thanks

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have been looking at other states near buy but not as far as Florida. If i went that far it would cost a easy 1k to ship and it would be hard to look at the car as well.. But i will keep that in mind for sure. Thanks
    Depending on how friendly the dealers are you could try and negotiate a trade. Contact Mastro Subaru of Tampa and ask them about anything they may be able to do. Everyone that I know that has dealt with them have nothing but great things to say about them. They may help you out.

Depending on how friendly the dealers are you could try and negotiate a trade. Contact Mastro Subaru of Tampa and ask them about anything they may be able to do. Everyone that I know that has dealt with them have nothing but great things to say about them. They may help you out.
    I will thanks!

Man you werent kidding they do have a ton in stock looks like 17 to be exact counting the STI's. Id have to see what shipping would cost and stuff. I have a feeling in the end it would be the same as what i would end up paying up this way because of the shipping. But its worth a try..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews
    People in FL are having a very hard time selling their WRX/STIs. Ask me how I know. I have my 06 listed for 13,500 and have barely had any bites.
    That's because AWD isn't really needed in FL. List your car up by me, and you could probably get $15K without much effort...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Man you werent kidding they do have a ton in stock looks like 17 to be exact counting the STI's. Id have to see what shipping would cost and stuff. I have a feeling in the end it would be the same as what i would end up paying up this way because of the shipping. But its worth a try..
    Well they have a ton, so they'd probably be willing to work with you on price to make a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    That's because AWD isn't really needed in FL. List your car up by me, and you could probably get $15K without much effort...
    Would people be willing to pay shipping though?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews
    Would people be willing to pay shipping though?
    How much would it cost to get your WRX up here? You could probably drive it here and fly home for less than $1500. You certainly have a place to stay while you broker the deal...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.