About to get another WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on About to get another WRX within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So a few months ago I traded in my 2012 wrx for another jeep. The reasoning behind this is because ...

About to get another WRX

So a few months ago I traded in my 2012 wrx for another jeep. The reasoning behind this is because we found out my wife was pregnant. So I went out trade in the wrx for another jeep to be used as a SUV, but I couldn't get my mind off another wrx. So my wife is taking the jeep and I'm going to order me a 2013 wrx hatch. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems out of them or have heard any performance difference, I've been reading up and can't really find anything useful. But I will be back on the forums shortly when I get the wrx shipped.

Thanks,
    Nathan
    2002 Rally Blue WRX - Totaled
    2005 Rally Blue WRX - Sold
    2010 Four Door Jeep Wrangler - Sold
    2012 Plasma Blue Pearl WRX - Sold
    2012 Jeep Liberty - Gave to Wife
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch Base - Current Car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same platform more flare. Also i have 2 kids and they do fine in the 2009 WRX.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

Nice nice. Yea I really want a hatch for the newborn. I have a question about the torqued performance maps if you could answer it for me... How are they different from Cobb? And if they are have you seen any gained horsepower and torque from it?

I Support ClubWRX
    yes the torqued performance map is a little more aggressive than the cobb maps on the accessport. i was running more boost and hp/torque than my friends with cobb, but it was still a safe tune
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I ran the perrin stage 2, cobb stage 2 and the TP stage 2 (not AP) and i have to say that TP seems to push a little more boost i peak 18-19 on my gauge it also seems smoother than both the cobb and perrin so i stayed with it.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

Update - Have talked to the dealership about trading in my wife's old car to come down on the price they said well of course. So going saturday and putting the down payment on and it gets to the dealership at the end of January. Cant Wait

Quote Originally Posted by iAmSubified View Post
    Update - Have talked to the dealership about trading in my wife's old car to come down on the price they said well of course. So going saturday and putting the down payment on and it gets to the dealership at the end of January. Cant Wait
    Congrats! Hope everything goes well.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    but it was still a safe tune
    Not sure about that.....
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Op looks like you had a '12 WRX that you sold, there is nothing different about the '13 as far as I know. I have two kids and have a '13 sedan and it works perfectly, but we use the Outback 95% of the time for family trips. Oddly enough back in 2011 when we just had one kid and didn't have the Outback we were going to get a new 2011 WRX hatch, we took our rear-facing seats and strollers down to the dealer. Our rear facing seats were extremely tight and our strollers x2 would not fit in the hatch with the cargo cover thingy in place, and I didn't like how they poked over the top of the glass when you really tried to squeeze them in there. It was either leave one stroller behind (forget a two kid type stroller) or squeeze diaper bag and all other kidde gear in the back seat or up front in passenger seat with wife. Long and short we ended up leaving with the 2011 Outback 2.5i CVT instead and could not have been happier with tons of room to spare.

Fast forward two years and now I've got my WRX as a toy and not a daily driver, and since my oldest is now four and can walk we only use an umbrella stroller for our 18 month old. So with a 4 year old and 18 month old we always have pleanty of room in the '13 WRX sedan if wetake that car. I guess my point is that the WRX will work, but it will be tight.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    Op looks like you had a '12 WRX that you sold, there is nothing different about the '13 as far as I know. I have two kids and have a '13 sedan and it works perfectly, but we use the Outback 95% of the time for family trips. Oddly enough back in 2011 when we just had one kid and didn't have the Outback we were going to get a new 2011 WRX hatch, we took our rear-facing seats and strollers down to the dealer. Our rear facing seats were extremely tight and our strollers x2 would not fit in the hatch with the cargo cover thingy in place, and I didn't like how they poked over the top of the glass when you really tried to squeeze them in there. It was either leave one stroller behind (forget a two kid type stroller) or squeeze diaper bag and all other kidde gear in the back seat or up front in passenger seat with wife. Long and short we ended up leaving with the 2011 Outback 2.5i CVT instead and could not have been happier with tons of room to spare.

Fast forward two years and now I've got my WRX as a toy and not a daily driver, and since my oldest is now four and can walk we only use an umbrella stroller for our 18 month old. So with a 4 year old and 18 month old we always have pleanty of room in the '13 WRX sedan if wetake that car. I guess my point is that the WRX will work, but it will be tight.
    Thanks for the info. We have the liberty for hauling a stroller and everything for trips. If we didn't I would look into the outback.

Another Update - When I was looking around for a new wrx (2012 I had) the Subaru dealership in my town BS'ed me about ordering me a rally blue hatch so that's why I was going with another dealership. I decided to give them a call and see if they could find me one that would come in a little sooner. SO they checked and found a 2013 Rally blue premium hatch coming into a dealership 60 miles away. He told me to call back around January 15th when the car comes in for him to talk to them. Of course it was the same guy and i talked to him 3 days ago about it. So I called him back today and told him to just go ahead and get it so i can put a down payment on it to save it. After some back and fourth he said he would call them and see what he could do. So if everything goes right i should have it by January 17th. Always loved rally blue and cant wait to get it (but I had my mind set on white but its fine). So hopefully I'll have it sooner than I thought.

Welp something always comes up. Someone already bought the 2013 so I don't have a chance with that. At the dealership they have a 2011 sti hatch with 12k on the odometer and he said he would come down on the price. What do you guys think I should do order one and wait for look at the sti. I've always wanted a sti but I don't like something that has that many miles already on it. And if I order one I wouldn't get it before my daughter is born.

I Support ClubWRX
    depending on the price i would really consider the sti
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

depending on the price i would really consider the sti
    What is your reasoning behind this? Just wondering I really don't know what to do. He said he would come down on the price he has it at 34k but I said I don't wanna pay more than 30k he said we will work something out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by iAmSubified View Post
    What is your reasoning behind this? Just wondering I really don't know what to do. He said he would come down on the price he has it at 34k but I said I don't wanna pay more than 30k he said we will work something out.
    well i was thinking if you get it around the same price as the wrx you were originally going to get then the sti is a better car. I have a wrx and love it but if you do any modding to it the tranny is a weak point where as the sti will hold no matter what, also 12k miles isnt that terrible for miles. it will be a rougher ride than the wrx but besides that its a better platform car and has many upgrades that would be a few thousand on the wrx to achieve
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

well i was thinking if you get it around the same price as the wrx you were originally going to get then the sti is a better car. I have a wrx and love it but if you do any modding to it the tranny is a weak point where as the sti will hold no matter what, also 12k miles isnt that terrible for miles. it will be a rougher ride than the wrx but besides that its a better platform car and has many upgrades that would be a few thousand on the wrx to achieve
    Thanks for the info man. Well I went by the dealership and fell in love with the White sti sedan they have. ( Used 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX For Sale | Hickory NC )

Yea it has 22k miles on it but I can talk him down to probably 28k-29k (Grandmother knows the guy and has bought all her subarus from him). I can tell the outside is modded by the housing in the headlights, taillights are blacked out, and red pinstrip at the grill, and it seems to be lowered. So what do you think I should do I haven't bought a car with this many miles on it before but its just too sexy to pass up, I was already thinking if im going with a STI I would go with the sedan. (Also has black STI wheels).

Just let me know what you think

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.