About to get another WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on About to get another WRX within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by iAmSubified Thanks for the info man. Well I went by the dealership and fell in love with ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by iAmSubified View Post
    Thanks for the info man. Well I went by the dealership and fell in love with the White sti sedan they have. ( Used 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX For Sale | Hickory NC )

Yea it has 22k miles on it but I can talk him down to probably 28k-29k (Grandmother knows the guy and has bought all her subarus from him). I can tell the outside is modded by the housing in the headlights, taillights are blacked out, and red pinstrip at the grill, and it seems to be lowered. So what do you think I should do I haven't bought a car with this many miles on it before but its just too sexy to pass up, I was already thinking if im going with a STI I would go with the sedan. (Also has black STI wheels).

Just let me know what you think
    if its modded at all i would be careful and check it out. if it was modded incorrectly then that could lead to problems. but besides that it looks nice. i would say to drive it and see what you think, i cant make the decision for you and dont wanna steer you wrong. 22k is higher but not terrible. most likely this car or a wrx would work very well and not have many problems. only reason i didnt get an sti is because they sold the one i was looking at. but for 28-29k is a pretty good price considering ive seen 08 sti's at this price
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea tomm. I will be going to look under the hood and try to get a test drive before work. If everything works out I'll try to buy it Friday.
    2002 Rally Blue WRX - Totaled
    2005 Rally Blue WRX - Sold
    2010 Four Door Jeep Wrangler - Sold
    2012 Plasma Blue Pearl WRX - Sold
    2012 Jeep Liberty - Gave to Wife
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch Base - Current Car

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by iAmSubified View Post
    Yea tomm. I will be going to look under the hood and try to get a test drive before work. If everything works out I'll try to buy it Friday.
    cool hopefully it works out for ya. i paid 28k for my wrx so if i could have gotten a good used sti i probably would have done it
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Well........ I went to test drive 2 STI's today both were 2011 and one was the white one, I was not impressed at all. The lowest the could do on both STI's was 31k. So I just said no thanks, I was wanting a premium for the sunroof and heated seats on a 2013 but do not want to wait another month for one that they don't know will come into the dealership or not. So... I found a 2013 white hatch base that is coming to a dealership not that far away from me. So I'm jumping on it Saturday and putting a downpayment on it. It supposedly coming in on the 15th but they said it could be 2 days later.

What I need to know is what should I say to them it's only 27k and I want the fog lights added ( really the only reason I wanted a premium ) should I try to talk to them and say the only way I'll pay 27k for a base is if you add the fog lights or would that be too much to ask for?

Idk all in all the STI did not impress me at all coming from my 2012 wrx stage 2.and one of the STI's was stage 1. And I have a chance for the base what do you think I should do?

P.s. does anyone know how much a carbon fiber overlay for the roof of a hatch would be?

About to get another WRX

If a fake carbon fiber roof wrap is a priority for you, then probably best to stick with the wrx. The STi is more of a performance car.

I Support ClubWRX
    $27k for a car that costs no more than $25k is simply ridiculous. The fog lights are $300. They are scamming you for $2k. The least they can do is throw in the fogs.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPizza View Post
    If a fake carbon fiber roof wrap is a priority for you, then probably best to stick with the wrx. The STi is more of a performance car.
    theres nothing wrong with a carbon fiber wrap its not harming the performance
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    $27k for a car that costs no more than $25k is simply ridiculous. The fog lights are $300. They are scamming you for $2k. The least they can do is throw in the fogs.
    Well it does come with basic extras but not much :
    Off Black Center Armrest Extension, STI Short Throw Shifter 5MT, Black Cargo Tray, Auto-Dimming Mirror/Compass

And I wanted the SPT gauge and the fogs ill try to talk them into the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPizza View Post
    And for the carbon fiber overlay seen a lot of people with white hatches do it just think it looks good, was just wondering no need to bash. And like I stated before I didn't find the STI lived up to my expectations as I thought it would so I'm going with the wrx.
    Last edited by iAmSubified; 01-10-2013 at 06:10 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    The arm rest extension is $100, Short throw $300, cargo tray is maybe $40,auto dim mirror $140. That is a total of $580. If you look at the invoice pricing, the car is still overpriced by $1700.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I had the same problem as with you with used STIs. I was looking to possibly trade my WRX in for one, but the lowest I could find was for 32k and they had 30k miles on them. I know the difference spread out over time wouldn't be that bad with financing, but my monthly is already pretty high so I didn't go for it.

A base WRX shouldn't be that much, that's what I'd expect to pay for a premium. Why do you want the foglights? They hardly work! Haha they do look nice though. If you really want the sunroof and heated seats you should order or keep hunting, I really like having those things in my car. Don't be impatient now for something you'll have to live with for years to come.

I like the roof wrap look too and might do that mod eventually. I don't think you'd spend more than 100 bucks on the material and it seems like it wouldn't be hard to do it yourself.

I would go with the new WRX.. Im very picky and dont really trust used performance cars cant really tell what the previous owner did and what MOD's where taken off for the car to be SOLD! I got my new 2013 base WRX DGM for $25,640 OTD.. Im sure they could have done alittle better but up here in the NorthEast these cars are hard to get a hold of and when a dealer gets them in stock there gone with in days! At least by my house anyway! Like i said tho i would go new. Order and wait or do a broader search and drive and pick up ypur NEW baby! JMO.....

About to get another WRX

Just went up the mountain and this is my new 2013 swp wrx base. Loving it

I Support ClubWRX
    nice congrats on the car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

About to get another WRX

Thank you thank you

Congrats bro
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.