How much can i sell my wrx for?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on How much can i sell my wrx for? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys, unfortunately the time has come to sell my subi. I'm pretty bumbed by this as she's been such ...

How much can i sell my wrx for?

Hey guys, unfortunately the time has come to sell my subi. I'm pretty bumbed by this as she's been such a fun car and i know i'm going to miss the community and the looks i get on the road.

Anyways, its a 07 wrx tr with 63,000 miles on it. I'm the third owner. I recently just put in a new stock trasmission and a performance clutch from subaru. I also just got the front bumper, rear bumper, and hood scoop repainted. When she is clean and waxed she literally looks like shes brand spanking new. no dents, no scratches, nothing. Interior quality is perfect too. non smoker. etc etc.
    The mods on it consists of
    APS turbo-back exhaust
    APS CAI
    DynoComp 18 psi tune
    subaru performance clutch
    short shifter (don't know by who)
    ATI dash gauges reading oil pressure, psi, and exhaust temp.

She's pretty quick for a wrx, i know that they can be quicker haha but i mean some close races that i won were against a (stock) 2012 sti, (mostly stock) 08 mustang gt, and a (mostly stock) 08 335i

Like i said she looks and feels like shes brand new. and with those mods that is being quicker than an sti... i was hoping i could get more than the general asking price for an 07 wrx.
    Anyways guys what do you think? how much do you think i can ask for?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Modifications decrease the value of a car, not increase.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzybunny5 View Post
    ... i was hoping i could get more than the general asking price for an 07 wrx.
    Anyways guys what do you think? how much do you think i can ask for?
    As Will said, mods decrease the value of your car. You'll be lucky to get the "general asking price" from kbb/nada/edmunds/ect.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

kbb says its worth about 15,500 for excellent condition, yet ive been offered 17, and 18 for it...im obviously not selling it to a grandma, but rather someone whos looking for the power

Then why didn't you just take the 18k for it and run?

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

And I just looked it up on Edmunds, and the car came out to 11.6k for PERFECT condition. I know these car's hold their value really well, but I think you're being really unrealistic.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

kbb says its worth about 15,500 for excellent condition, yet ive been offered 17, and 18 for it...im obviously not selling it to a grandma, but rather someone whos looking for the power
    Yeah why the heck didn't you take that??? If you get that, you're coming out waaaaaaay on top. As its said, mods don't increase the value of the car like you'd think in a perfect world. They can even decrease the value of the car comparable to someone looking for something completely stock. Hell if someone offered that to me for my 2005 STI, I'd have done that in a heartbeat!

That being said, the price can only be what someone is willing to pay for it...I think it's completely unrealistic if you ask $15k for it. If you offer $12k or $13k, that'd be more realistic. Keep in mind, its near 7 years old. You've had to replace a transmission (why might I ask?)...so that could even throw a red flag. Just saying.

That being said again...best of luck with your sale!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    yet ive been offered 17, and 18 for it...
    And you let that go?!?! I would have felt like I was robbing candy from a baby with an offer like that.

Also important: you never mention your location. Regional demand plays a huge factor in determining a car's value, but honestly, it sounds like you've answered your own question at this point.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

A few observations that won't answer your question, but will give a different view of what has been said so far.

1) As previously stated, mods will decrease the value of your car. However, that statement does not apply to anyone that..
    A. Doesn't realize that yet, or
    B. Isn't looking for a stock car, and likes the modifications you have made.

If I'm not mistaken you came in here thinking that the modifications would add value to your car, and the same is true for many buyers who dont think or realize that the mods may decrease the value. With that said, you can price your car a tiny bit higher than what it is actually worth, but less than the amount the mods are worth. If you take that approach you just have to know that you will turn off a section of the buyer population, and that may be a bad thing if you need to sell your car quickly.

2) The value websites can and will vary greatly on what your car is worth. They should be used as a general idea of what your car is worth, but not a actual value. A closer way of telling what your car is worth is to watch similar cars in your area and see what they are selling for (..or not selling for. Watch for price decreases). Your car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay.
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    I lucked into selling a somewhat modded WRX, back in 2005, to a guy that wanted the mods. However, I certainly didn't get a premium for them. I think I got right at what bluebook says I should have gotten, given condition and mileage, and I was happy with that.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

kbb says excellent value is 15500 so take anything close to that number....kbb is usually a little strong

Clearbook.com, IMO, gives you a more accurate figure of a private party used car sale.
    - mikey

2013 WRX | DGM | GR | FACTORY STOCK

I Support ClubWRX
    $67,000

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    $67,000
    Ah yes, the infamous "BMW M3 in the trunk" mod.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

You should replace all the "she" with "it" seeing as your car is an inanimate object(lol just a pet peeve of mine)

But on a more serious note.
    1. Look up kbb private party. Check what good or fair says its worth. Subtract about $1000-$2000 off that since its modded.

2. Realize your perfect condition car, isn't near as perfect or worth as much to someone else as it is to you.

3. try to sell it for as much as possible. Realizing that you'll probably end up letting it go for far less than you think it's worth. (I've sold a lot of cars, it sucks but its generally what happens)
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 12-19-2012 at 06:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.