Looking To Purchase New 13 WRX Tomorrow, Need Thoughts

This is a discussion on Looking To Purchase New 13 WRX Tomorrow, Need Thoughts within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hello All, I'm looking at purchasing my first subaru and first wrx . I'm getting it as my daily driver. ...

Hello All,

I'm looking at purchasing my first subaru and first wrx . I'm getting it as my daily driver. So I found that the dealer invoice and MSRP are not far off. I'm looking at black base model.

Has these options:

• Short Throw Shifter
    • All Weather Mats
    • Vortex Generator
    • License Plate Bracket

Only thing I really wanted from the premium package was the heated seats, so I negioated them to be added into my base model installed for $200. All said and done I am looking at 29,000 OTD. Do you guys think this is a good price?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the Vortex generator a new option on the WRXs? I have seen at least one other member who got one with his 2013 sedan.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Seems like a name for a fancy roof spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Is the Vortex generator a new option on the WRXs? I have seen at least one other member who got one with his 2013 sedan.
    Yeah, it's the same one we see on Evo's. They're factory accessories.

They're making some money on you at that price.

Depending on your tax rate, you're basically paying MSRP. They're going to work you over because you want a premium option on a base model. It requires labor, and they're going to charge for it.

That being said, depending on where you're located, finding a new WRX in stock isn't always easy.

The smart move is to pass on the heated seats and work them down by at least another $1,500. But market price is what someone is willing to pay...

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPizza View Post
    They're making some money on you at that price.

Depending on your tax rate, you're basically paying MSRP. They're going to work you over because you want a premium option on a base model. It requires labor, and they're going to charge for it.

That being said, depending on where you're located, finding a new WRX in stock isn't always easy.

The smart move is to pass on the heated seats and work them down by at least another $1,500. But market price is what someone is willing to pay...
    Yeah I hear ya. The markup on the car from dealer invoice was about 1200. I got them to knock off 800. I know i'm not getting the best deal but the seats are something that I really do want. I think over the course of owning the car I'll get a lot of use from them. If I passed on the seats I could maybe get another 500-600 off. They honestly weren't willing to budge much more since SO many people are coming in to get what wrx's they have in stock.

Car was 26000 + tax title fee etc

You only have to convince yourself. If you think it's a good deal, go for it. My guess is 6 months from now, you'll be so happy, you won't even care.

I honestly don't know lol. From what I saw on truecar.com that seems like 26000 was the average price paid by most in my region. I just need to get a car as my daily drive i'm trading in is seeing the end of its days lol.

I got one of the first 11's, so I paid a bit more (half between msrp and invoice) and 2 other people came in to buy the car while I was doing the paperwork. Body kit compared to the 10's was worth it.

Back to the orignal question, $29k isn't ideal for most, but may be ideal for you. If you need a lower price, you have to be willing to walk. Maybe roll the dice and see if the car is still there the last week of the year...

Normally man I'd agree with you and walk. But My daily drive is really falling apart. Needs shocks, brakes, plugs, tune up, and I think the one tire is leaking. Long story short it needs almost its value in work to be back in top shape, and I do all the work myself. Not worth the investment at almost 100k miles. Dealer offered me a fair 4k for it which I fought for. Its more of a I need to purchase a car, otherwise I'd walk and keep looking. But this is practically one of the only wrx's within 50 miles of me. There was a guy there before me who almost bought it but couldn't decide between it and the hatch.

I have a second car a camaro but at 850 to the tire its not exactly winter material LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher View Post
    Normally man I'd agree with you and walk. But My daily drive is really falling apart. Needs shocks, brakes, plugs, tune up, and I think the one tire is leaking. Long story short it needs almost its value in work to be back in top shape, and I do all the work myself. Not worth the investment at almost 100k miles. Dealer offered me a fair 4k for it which I fought for. Its more of a I need to purchase a car, otherwise I'd walk and keep looking. But this is practically one of the only wrx's within 50 miles of me. There was a guy there before me who almost bought it but couldn't decide between it and the hatch.

I have a second car a camaro but at 850 to the tire its not exactly winter material LOL.
    I ordered a black WRX Limited Sedan with around $1200 in options (in NJ so 7% tax, tax is a killer) for 31500 OTD and I think I got a pretty good deal (keep in mind you have to pay destination fee of around $800 when ordering a new car from the factory)

These are the options I ordered it with, for comparison:
    -Body side moldings
    -All weather mats
    -Trunk tray
    -Extended arm rest
    -Sub
    -Auto dimming mirror
    -Shock sensor
    -Illuminated footwells (possibly, was added shortly after submitting the order, so it might not be added)

Currently driving a '96 camaro Z28 as my daily driver, and like you, I'm starting to be weary of the reliability and the maintenance that needs to be done, last year I broke down in NYC on the west side highway and ended up paying $120 for a tow, then close to 2k to get it fixed. It was about that time for a new car