2013 STI ordered!!!

This is a discussion on 2013 STI ordered!!! within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; well i finally bit the bullet and ordered a '13 STI hatch. had a hard time deciding between silver and ...

2013 STI ordered!!!

well i finally bit the bullet and ordered a '13 STI hatch. had a hard time deciding between silver and the charcoal color. forgot what they call it. but i went with silver in the end.

ordered it pretty basic, homelink mirror, short shifter, and subwoofer. didnt feel like i needed anything else from the factory lol. and frankly 37k for a subaru is pretty damn expensive already so i didnt want to start adding all kinds of options and jacking the price to 40k+. i can buy a BMW 135i for that lol.

i was told to expect around 90 days time to get it. and my order cant be placed till after the 1st of the year supposedly. not sure if thats standard or if the vegas subaru dealer does whatever they want since their the only dealer within a 3 hour drive. seems like a super long time but i dont mind the wait. every month extra is a bigger down payment for me lol. cant wait to get it!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats! Post some pics when you finally get it. Gonna be a long wait lol.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations and have fun when it gets delivered.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

Congrats! Just spend all your time reading everything there is on the internet about wrx/sti's, not that it will help.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Congrats....

STI for $37000.....wow ! Lucky bastard....

I just bought a WRX Premium hatch in dark grey metallic here in
    West Oz and that cost me the best part of $50000 aud with a few extras....
    and our dollar Is worth a touch more than yours ATM if I recall correctly.

A new STI here is near on $70000. Ouch !

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on the car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Not that anyone cares. But figured I'd update. I cancelled my sti order! I know lol, but let me explain. I thought about it long and hard, and well, frankly, I'm not paying $37000 for a Subaru. Plain and simple. I can buy a BMW or Audi for a few grand more. The value just wasn't there for me. Ill never use the sti for what it was built for.

I'm still buying a Subaru. Just not an sti, reason is, I plan to daily drive my car, I might hit the drag strip with my friends a few times a year. But beyond that, I'll never track it, probably never auto-x it. Just dd, spirited drive on the weekends and such. So I'm ordering a base wrx with the same options minus the sts and sub. After doing some research it seems the aftermarket options for both are better.

So to me, the extra $12000 for the diffs, 6-spd trans, dccd, wheels, brembos etc just isn't worth it.
    Plus, I've already told my wife I'm spending that much on a new car, so I'm gonna take the $12000 saved and replace my aging motorcycle with a brand new speed triple.

I'd rather see a brand new base wrx and a brand new triumph speed triple in my garage instead of just an sti. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    Not that anyone cares. But figured I'd update. I cancelled my sti order! I know lol, but let me explain. I thought about it long and hard, and well, frankly, I'm not paying $37000 for a Subaru. Plain and simple. I can buy a BMW or Audi for a few grand more. The value just wasn't there for me. Ill never use the sti for what it was built for.

I'm still buying a Subaru. Just not an sti, reason is, I plan to daily drive my car, I might hit the drag strip with my friends a few times a year. But beyond that, I'll never track it, probably never auto-x it. Just dd, spirited drive on the weekends and such. So I'm ordering a base wrx with the same options minus the sts and sub. After doing some research it seems the aftermarket options for both are better.

So to me, the extra $12000 for the diffs, 6-spd trans, dccd, wheels, brembos etc just isn't worth it.
    Plus, I've already told my wife I'm spending that much on a new car, so I'm gonna take the $12000 saved and replace my aging motorcycle with a brand new speed triple.

I'd rather see a brand new base wrx and a brand new triumph speed triple in my garage instead of just an sti. Lol
    Sound decision without a doubt, As a base '13 WRX owner I kind of regret not going with the STi model, or the Golf R. STi solely for the slick 6-Speed. I wouldn't use the advance differentials myself or the DCCD, and the wheels don't Wow me anymore than the standard WRX wheels. If the suspension is actually tighter, I see value in that if it truly makes the STi model sublime in the corners.

Other potential cars I considered but didn't pursue for reliability reasons were the B7 Audi S4, found a few but never a decent manual trans. Certified used E9xx BMW 328i sport pkg or 335i, not enough punch in the 328i and was scared oh the HPFP issues with the 335i model. Looked at the 2012 NC Miatas, but thought I would get bored with the somewhat weak motor and was two doors to short.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    Sound decision without a doubt, As a base '13 WRX owner I kind of regret not going with the STi model, or the Golf R. STi solely for the slick 6-Speed. I wouldn't use the advance differentials myself or the DCCD, and the wheels don't Wow me anymore than the standard WRX wheels. If the suspension is actually tighter, I see value in that if it truly makes the STi model sublime in the corners.

Other potential cars I considered but didn't pursue for reliability reasons were the B7 Audi S4, found a few but never a decent manual trans. Certified used E9xx BMW 328i sport pkg or 335i, not enough punch in the 328i and was scared oh the HPFP issues with the 335i model. Looked at the 2012 NC Miatas, but thought I would get bored with the somewhat weak motor and was two doors to short.
    I know what you mean. Honestly if the wrx had a 6 speed it would be a no brainer for me. Even Honda hasn't offered a 5 speed in their performance car line (civic si, rsx type-s) in over a decade. Lol

But between all the cars I was considering. 135i, mazdaspeed3, focus st, wrx, sti, Audi a4, gti, and the golf r. The base wrx offers the most bang for the buck IMO. Which is why I changed my mind and am going that route instead lol.