WRX Wagon vs. sedan ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX Wagon vs. sedan ? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I've always driven some type of wagon, and like the extra space, but alas, i'm going thru my second childhood ...

WRX Wagon vs. sedan ?

I've always driven some type of wagon, and like the extra space,
    but alas, i'm going thru my second childhood now, and want something
    fast and fun to drive.

Will the WRX wagon drive alot different than the sedan?

I think i have about 18K to buy a used one, and know that won't get me much,
    but just looking...

Don't really want a maintenance hog either...
    good forum, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They don't really drive differently. Just a difference in noises heard inside the cabin, really. Any performance differences are so small they would be negligible.
    Last edited by Calvinball; 11-27-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Registered User CharlieBronson08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Just a difference in noises heard inside the cabin, really...
    Are you meaning more noise in the hatchback?? I'm guessing more exhaust drone in particular.

Yes, anecdotal evidence suggests that exhaust noise and exhaust drone are louder/worse in the hatch.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I own a 2006 WRX wagon and wish I had a sedan. Why? It looks better IMO and has a slightly wider track.

However, having a fast station wagon is very fun. The exhaust is louder in a wagon no doubt, as is road noise I believe...go drive both and make your own judgments.

I rode in a few of each before buying mine but after sitting in the back of the wagon the extra bit of room is nice if you're taking people and being able to fold down the seats is a big plus. the exhaust is for sure louder but i think road noise is about the same IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dragon wagon View Post
    I rode in a few of each before buying mine but after sitting in the back of the wagon the extra bit of room is nice if you're taking people and being able to fold down the seats is a big plus. the exhaust is for sure louder but i think road noise is about the same IMO
    What years are you talking about because the backseat foot print on 2008+ be it a sedan or hatch is the same. You could haul a bulkier item better in the hatch obviously with the back seats down, but more smaller items like groceries and such in the trunk of the sedan with the seats up because the floor area in the trunk is longer.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.