I'm looking into getting a WRX, and looking for your advice - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on I'm looking into getting a WRX, and looking for your advice within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by rockstar4l You felt like the mazda 3 was faster then your wrx? I thought the fully loaded ...

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4l View Post
    You felt like the mazda 3 was faster then your wrx? I thought the fully loaded mazda 3 had 167 HP? Or did you mean faster handeling?
    Review: 2011 MazdaSpeed3 Take Two | The Truth About Cars
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4l View Post
    You felt like the mazda 3 was faster then your wrx? I thought the fully loaded mazda 3 had 167 HP? Or did you mean faster handeling?
    I thought I said Mazdaspeed 3, it has 263hp / 280 ft/lb tq 2.3 DISI MZR turbo four, its almost as much hp as our car, but without the extra weight of AWD. Plus the suspension is tuned for a much firmer and more stiffer ride than the WRX. The WRX is no doubt the better car in terms of overall performance per dollar, resale value, reliability. But IMO the Mazdaspeed was much more fun to drive hard, and a super value when you factor in the discount off MSRP you can get on one because they don't sell .Vs the always in demand WRX.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I Support ClubWRX
    For such a wonderful car, we sure seem to get a lot of MS3 converts here.
    Just sayin'.

By most reports, it's a fun little ride with a better interior than the WRX brings to the table.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You may be able to work something into the deal. My guess would be that they would offer to mount/balance the new tires free of charge (which is like $100, but better than nothing).
    yup, that's pretty much going to be thier answer.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Quote Originally Posted by GeOkie86 View Post
    Hello everyone! This is my first post on this site, and my first day here. To keep things as short as possible I am looking into getting a WRX and would love if you would all answer a few questions for me. I would love it if everyone who reads this would just answer these questions for me. explain as little or much as you wish, i'm interested in as much input as possible. Thanks!

1) What is your favorite thing about your WRX?

2) What is your least favorite? or What is the biggest drawback to driving a WRX?

3) Have you ever been stuck in your WRX? What were the conditions (mud, snow, ice, ground clearance)?

4) Would you buy new or used?

5) How is the ergonimics of the vehicle? Is it intuitive? frustrating? comfortable?

6) Would/do you drive your WRX long distances?

7) Other comments/advice?
    1) Owning the hatch it's pretty versatile I can haul my crap in the back and it's a pretty fun car to drive.

2) Stock stereo pretty much sucks. Biggest drawback is the bump in my insurance

3) Nope.

4) Bought new. Shopped around took my time and picked one up at a great price.

5) Its pretty comfy. Seats are ok.

6) Yeah it's gets a a few more mpg than my Toyota on the highway.

7) Shop around and keep your options open. Before I picked up the subie I was in the market for a car that had a manual transmission had decent mpg and primarily just something fun to drive. I looked at Audi A3's, TSX's, GTI's, and even the Civic Si. Nothing really encompassed the wow factor for me. But after driving a buddies pro-tuned hawkeye that was a whoa moment. So it was an easy decision to go the subie route after test driving the options out there. Good luck on your decision whichever route you go I'm sure you'll be happy if you do decide on a wrx.
    2013 WRX Hatch
    2002 4runner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123